• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long before your body reflects how bad you've been eating?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a day or two of eating junk food (beer, pizza, etc) can and breaking your diet and not exercising, can you guys tell the difference in the mirror the next day?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^That depends.
Is the mirror on the bottom of your toilet bowl?

If so, then I'd say, yep.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after 10 years with a diet in which the main was pizza, nothing out of the ordinary here
smile.gif
offcourse you have to do some sports though
wink.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Pee*
it all depends how lean you were to start of with

if you are a fat **** to start off with,whats an extra pound or 10 going to make

once you get down to to a 5-8% levels,you will notice differences in your problem areas,be it stomach,lower back

I thought so. I can totally tell the Monday morning after a weekend of **** food. My pants will be much tighter in the waist and Ill have this new layer of soft flab. No wearing Julian Red jeans for days after that.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Illuminate07
If it's only one day, you won't see much effect

I think you can feel, not see, some minor difference in a day. I'm I'm out drinking and eating tapas, I will wake up with a bloated stomach. If I have a clean meal, I will wake up with a flat stomach and feel light.

Personally, after about a week of living excessively, I will experience some tightness.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
I think you can feel, not see, some minor difference in a day. I'm I'm out drinking and eating tapas, I will wake up with a bloated stomach. If I have a clean meal, I will wake up with a flat stomach and feel light.

Personally, after about a week of living excessively, I will experience some tightness.

+1 a week of excess is all it takes for me to feel my pants snug up. Thankfully I seem to be able to correct it with only a few days of eating super clean diet of green veggies, lean protien and nothing to drink but 4 litres of water each day.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say after 3 days I start to feel it and soon after start to look it. I think the effects started to show up more quickly after graduating college.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends. It could take years. We'll have to look at Michael Phelps in a few years and see how ti goes.

pdeng

Reaction score
It takes about a week of bad eating before my body starts to show signs of pudge (and that's if I'm not doing anything active at all). I usually notice because my stomach gets noticeably more round.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
a few weeks for me. When I broke my hand a couple months back, I had a month of inertia while I was in the cast, and that month coincided with New Years and then a boys trip to Thailand, where clean living was not a priority. Gained 4 kilos in a month and looked pudgy around the gut.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
about 3 days, life isn't fair

oxide

Reaction score
20 minutes dude, 20 minutes after a bad meal I start to feel ****, it's mostly psychological but the **** feeling is prompt.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd say it's about five days to a week for me

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you eat a ****** meal, does the fat get deposited right away with digestion or is it something that takes a long time for your body to process? I suppose I could Wikipedia that but Im lazy.
satisfied.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads