• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Long before Coach K is Out at Duke?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, the emasculation of edina is hilarious.

I too shall add my voice to the "you're an idiot" chorus. K isn't going anywhere.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This could only come from a poster from Tlanta.

MHH89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
I might be wrong about this, because this is just off the top of my head, but I can't think of anybody in all of sports who has a more secure job than Coach K. Not Belichick, not Phil Jackson, certainly nobody in baseball. Your question would be ridiculous at any time, but is especially so coming just days after they won the ACC tournament and went to the sweet sixteen.

Jim Boehim at Syracuse is up there as well.

Coach K is a class act and he will decide when it is time for him to leave. I think Coach K will be around for a long time. Case and point the guys buys pizza for the Duke kids sleeping in tents waiting to buy tickets. You don't see that out of a scumbag like Bob Huggins.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious, what's wrong with Huggins? A good friend of mine works on the WVU team as some type of assistant coach.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huggybear likes to booze, we know that
teacha.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A much more reasonable question is how long until Calhoun decides to leave at UConn? It's going to be a sad day...I wonder if his successor can keep up the amazing track record of recruiting that Jim has logged.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daft
Sir alex ferguson

FTFY and +1

He's like the new Tom Osborne. At NE, the true Huskers fans would always call him, "Dr. Tom Osborne".

Wick

Reaction score
I agree...he's not going anywhere unless it's his decision.

That said, any other coach in the country would be ************ if they continually signed Top 10 recruiting classes (including signing 2 to 3 McDonald's All-American every year) and didn't make the Final Four on an annual basis. Maybe Roy Williams is the other exception.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horndog
Curious, what's wrong with Huggins? A good friend of mine works on the WVU team as some type of assistant coach.

huggins.jpg

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
A much more reasonable question is how long until Calhoun decides to leave at UConn? It's going to be a sad day...I wonder if his successor can keep up the amazing track record of recruiting that Jim has logged.

His years are def numbered. He really looks old and this whole debacle right now might age him a couple more quickly if it gets nasty. I think he can pretty much stay as long as he likes though, he is a part of the state that has nothing else really to cheer for. Gonna be hard to fill those shoes, we have super high expectations. That comes with being successful, your standards are ever increased.

As everyone else stated Coach K is there for as long as he wants to. The day he leaves, if he ever does, there would be 20 teams probably lined up courting him and I bet some may even be direct competitors to Duke.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I just reiterate how dumb the OP's premise was?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads