1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How long after Labour Day will you push your Summerwear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Sep 8, 2011.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I feel cheated. Most of the summer here was a steambath. Heatwave after heatwave prevented me from wearing my seersucker suit and a lot of other summer clothes. How long can we push the summer looks? I don't mean shorts but the summer weight suits, shirts etc. I say until the first frost. What say you all? Which summerwear will you still wear and for how long, if at all? Examples are encouraged. Also, specific to my seersucker suit, dare I? or do I store it, and wait until next spring?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i would say depends on the weather, out here in the bay area we are still having 80+ degrees and i would say definitely out here.

that inspires me to wear my summer shoes just a little while longer before i have to packe them up for the winter

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I'm with you Justin. Who cares what they think anyway. ..anyone else with thoughts on this?

4. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

As long as weather will allow.

Honestly I had my fill of the summer. I can't wait to start wearing my jackets, gloves, and scarves.

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

x2

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Hypothetically I could do it until darn near december, but I will start switching to autumnal colors soonish. Seersucker and linen, however, are done to me.

7. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

In Florida, winter wear is only really needed 2 months out of the year. I'll use my chinos, and throw in some cords until I'm forced to bring out the wool and cashmere.

8. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I'm in AZ, so we could really wear Summer clothes almost year round. At this point, though, my feeling is that the Seersucker has to be put away. Everything else is probably OK for another month or so.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm ready for colder weather. I'll wear my summer get-up until the end of this month, then I'll make the switch to fall/winter colors and to heavier fabrics when the temps drop. Summer whites have already been put away.

10. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I wouldn't wear seersucker. White shoes I would put away in the colder weather. Linen shirts are put away as required by weather.

11. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

I don't put away my summer clothes until the summer weather starts to go away. In So Cal that usually come some time in October.

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Not so hot in XilinHot...summer ended suddenly last Monday, almost like someone threw a switch. Away go the shorts and t-shirts. 2 months time I will be needing the thermals. It went down to -42C last year.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  13. Salad

Salad Senior member

Yup. Another nice day here in the Bay today. This time of year is when we get our best weather. I'm still wearing summery SCs and I just got some white jeans that I really like so I'm still wearing them, post-labor day be damned! After this weekend, I think I'll put away the madras. Damn shame as I just acquired a really nice madras tie that will sit in a drawer for the next 7-8 months.

14. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I can't wait for tweed and corduroy, but I'll push Summerwear a little longer.

15. TexasDan

TexasDan Senior member

The weather forecast here calls a return to 100 next week. I may wear the sucker one more time and will wear my poplin suit for a few more weeks.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

was there even a spring this year in the north east? it was like 45-50ºF in may then 85-100ºF from june onward... now its still in the 80's range...

i almost forgot what spring feels like... it decided not to show up this year...

I love summer in NYC because of what the women wear... but thats about it... bring on fall quickly please...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011