• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how is this tie/shirt combination?

y10k

Reaction score
Got these two new shirts from Jantzen and a tie from a random place. Both shirts are blue. One is vertical blue/white stripes, one is diagonal stripes.

This will be used together with a new suit from WW Chan (dark navy blue) that will be ready on Wednesday.

bdbb

Reaction score
What will they be worn for? They definitely would not be ok for a job interview. Some people might find them ok for day to day wear but I personally would not wear a shirt with diagonal stripes or a metallic pink tie.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
color combination is fine, but something about the texture of the tie and the texture of the shirt together rubs me the wrong way.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is a bit too shiny for my taste, but then again i wouldn't wear a pink tie. I dont particulerly like the Diagonal stripes. Maby if it was straight strpes and a different tie it would look better.

y10k

Reaction score
They are actually for interview / info session type events.

What texture/pattern would you suggest for ties to match these two shirts?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diagonal stripes is not very famous. The texture and the shining fabric is (IMO) preferable for ladies.

The colour of the ties depends on the colour of the eyes.

y10k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Diagonal stripes is not very famous. The texture and the shining fabric is (IMO) preferable for ladies.

The colour of the ties depends on the colour of the eyes.

I also have a shirt that's white/blue stripe (last picture).

Is that one easier to match
tongue.gif

I will wear the diagonal stripe one as a casual shirt then lol.

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely do not wear that to an interview or even info sessions. I recommend a simple repp tie and a solid white or blue shirt.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For an interview, solid white or light blue shirt. I usually wear a burgondy tie with a small repeating pattern in blue or white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads