• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How important is sexual compatibility in a relationship?

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Anyway, conclusion from long discussion about it: Sex every day, unless she's very tired.

Improvement! Now, I'll just have to convince her to do a second time in the morning...

ridiculous.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Every kind of compatibility is important in a relationship, including sexual. I can't imagine schedluing out my sex life, but if it works fo you, I guess that is fine. To me it sees like something better left to the desires of both parties, as if it is not, somebody is going to feel put out eventually.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We brought in a consultant who worked with both our schedules and picked out a compatible time for us. One of the nice things about bringing in an outside party is that it depersonalizes the negotiations so neither side's feelings get hurt. On March 17th, after 4:30 p.m., or else again after mid-April, I will be able to tell you how it worked out

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
We brought in a consultant who worked with both our schedules and picked out a compatible time for us. One of the nice things about bringing in an outside party is that it depersonalizes the negotiations so neither side's feelings get hurt. On March 17th, after 4:30 p.m., or else again after mid-April, I will be able to tell you how it worked out

Dood, that is St. Paddy's day. You might want to rethink that or schedule it in a car outside the bar
smile.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I ask this because my current situation calls for me to think about it's importance. When my ex-gf and I were together, we used to ******** probably 2x a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. She would jump me more often than I would jump her. My current girlfriend, who I like a lot and am generally happier with, is much different- we ******** maybe once every other day, and she's much more shy, despite being older and comparatively more experienced. Of course people have different sex drives, but if I'm left wanting and she's left feeling pushed, what are the alternatives? Everything is great except (from my point of view) this one thing... In your experiences, is it something that can be worked around? I suppose it will depend on your priorities, but at my age (22), sex is a pretty high one.

Discuss?

Side *****, or a new chick.

You need to make her understand that sex is important to you. 2x a day is excessive. I sure as hell couldn't keep up that pace for over a week. Once every couple of days is not too bad, but if you want more, there is no reason for you to get less.

You're young and a man, so you are automatically worth more on the meat market. How much older is she? She needs to understand that come 25-26, she'll follow a similar depreciation curve as a ford taurus. She should use it while she has it, because there will come a time when she'll be a fetish as opposed to generally desirable.

Side ***** in this instance is justified becasuse you're not doing it out of spite or to hurt her. You'd be doing it because she can't meet your needs. It's a matter of logistics. And you mentioned that once every 2 days is pushing it for her... so you'd be doing her a favor.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 65535
Side ***** in this instance is justified becasuse you're not doing it out of spite or to hurt her. You'd be doing it because she can't meet your needs. It's a matter of logistics. And you mentioned that once every 2 days is pushing it for her... so you'd be doing her a favor.

Wow.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
You know, I might agree with him if this was some sort of extreme ongoing problem that had already been discussed ad nauseum for years or something (we're talking something like "we've discussed it, tried couples counseling, and it's still only happening twice a year"), but yeah... wow.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, really. The second one should be a given.

pfft.

this thread is ridic.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very important, one of the main reasons behind my last failed 'relationship.' I rarely ever want to ********.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Maybe you're straight.
devil.gif

I think my world just shattered.
tounge.gif
alien.gif

But seriously, I've always wondered if it would be easier to date women, until I joined StyleForum.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I think my world just shattered.
tounge.gif
alien.gif

But seriously, I've always wondered if it would be easier to date women, until I joined StyleForum.

LOL, and here I've seen how (seemingly) easy my gay friends have it and wondered if it's easier dealing with men. The grass is always greener. Plus at this point, I think every one of my friends who's gay is over 25, which seems to be sort of like being fat, short, bald, and shy is for a straight guy.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Wow.
Seriously. Side ***** is never the right answer. If that is what you want, stay single.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads