• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How important is sexual compatibility in a relationship?

whallyden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
If you're disappointed with 3 to 4 times a week, get ready for a world of pain. Stock up on Appreciation, lubricant, and if you don't already have one, get a heavy bag for days when you're feeling particularly frustrated.

+1.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every other day consistently long term is an excellent average. Hope she is more of a turtle than a hare in that regard. My ex and I literally went 10x a day for the first year. After that I think I suffered some serious damage to my parasympathetic nervous function. I felt numb for like 6 months and my ex thought I wasn't interested in her anymore. Check out Dr. Lin, he'll be the first to tell you that doing it too much ******** you (pun intended). www.actionlove.com

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
If you're disappointed with 3 to 4 times a week, get ready for a world of pain. Stock up on Appreciation, lubricant, and if you don't already have one, get a heavy bag for days when you're feeling particularly frustrated.

Sage advice. Quoted for truth.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am only marginally older than you and I'm in the exact situation with my current GF. The past few were crazy but that was in college. It all comes down to how much this relationship means to you and weigh your priorities from there.

Originally Posted by Eason
I ask this because my current situation calls for me to think about it's importance. When my ex-gf and I were together, we used to ******** probably 2x a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. She would jump me more often than I would jump her. My current girlfriend, who I like a lot and am generally happier with, is much different- we ******** maybe once every other day, and she's much more shy, despite being older and comparatively more experienced. Of course people have different sex drives, but if I'm left wanting and she's left feeling pushed, what are the alternatives? Everything is great except (from my point of view) this one thing... In your experiences, is it something that can be worked around? I suppose it will depend on your priorities, but at my age (22), sex is a pretty high one.

Discuss?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think you'll spend the rest of your life with this girl then suck it up.
If not then tell her your not satisfied.
You're young and there's plenty of fish in the sea.
Sex is as important to a relationship as anything else.
Any girl who doesn't know that needs to learn.

FWIW, "maybe once every other day" (2-3 times a week?) is pretty healthy for a 'serious' relationship.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know a girl that is into asians that wants it 10x a day.

She sort of frightens me though. Maybe if you're (un?)lucky I'll introduce you sometime.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine it'd be a pretty important factor. In fact, for me it's become the only thing that even matters....i have absolutely no desire for attempting to get into a relationship, so when sex is the only thing I seek with no attachment whatsoever i've developed a habit of hitting up whores and massage parlors. That's pretty much the only thing I care about from the opposite sex at this point. I really can't deal with the volume of everything else that would come with a relationship, or even a situation potentially developing into one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
How does one do it 10 times a day?

10 times a week sounds excessive.

Thats what I asked.

I told her that I might be able to manage like 6 in a day. But I'd probably need to take the next day off.

I think that pretty much disqualified me from the running.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Thats what I asked.

I told her that I might be able to manage like 6 in a day. But I'd probably need to take the next day off.

I think that pretty much disqualified me from the running.

She probably fakes it 70% of the time.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends what you consider a "time". My record is about 7 times, but this one chick went 67 times in a row and it took well over 4 hours of work on my [bell]end.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
She probably fakes it 70% of the time.

I dunno. She seems like the type that might really actually enjoy it. I mean, I don't really see any other reason to do it that many times.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I dunno. She seems like the type that might really actually enjoy it. I mean, I don't really see any other reason to do it that many times.

send her to me. sounds like my type of woman...

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
I imagine it'd be a pretty important factor. In fact, for me it's become the only thing that even matters....i have absolutely no desire for attempting to get into a relationship, so when sex is the only thing I seek with no attachment whatsoever i've developed a habit of hitting up whores and massage parlors. That's pretty much the only thing I care about from the opposite sex at this point. I really can't deal with the volume of everything else that would come with a relationship, or even a situation potentially developing into one.

I hate to judge but you have issues.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh not at all, i'm well aware of it and seeking help already. but it is a bit disturbing how my worldview has changed so drastically after graduating...i dunno maybe i'm in the wrong place. my experiences as of late have made me into a hardened, bitter and cynical individual...even when i'd go through some tough times in the past i always had hope for the future, but lately i've become a bit nihilistic in the way i see things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads