1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How important are the socks?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dfort86, Oct 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dfort86

dfort86 New Member

I'm new to this forum, and working on being a little more fashionable.
    I have a friend who's brother-in-law started a dress sock company that seems to be doing pretty damn well, and all of his socks are very colorful. I should also mention, living in Los Angeles, I've been seeing an abundance of well-dressed men wearing colorful and vibrant socks. Would you guys say the socks are an important part of the outfit?
    Just wondering how you guys felt about this and if some of you could share your 2 cents, it would be helpful!

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Depends on where you are. On the west coast, loud socks are a thing, and an important component where jeans and tee shirts are a common outfit for work.

The east coast is more conservative, and you have to proceed with caution when you're wearing more formal attire. If you're in a casual workplace, fun socks would be fine.

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I would say if your truly trying to dress well, then every part of your wardrobe is important.

Pay attention to everything, it's all in the details.