• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How important are a girl's/woman's looks (without makeup on) re: dating/marriage?

merkur

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
13
..
 
Last edited:

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
3,238
Reaction score
197
Wow, Maria Shriver bears a striking resemblance to the Predator.
 

facebookdigg123

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
women shouldnt look drastically different with make up on. some of those celebs look scary, except for jennifer love hewitt.
 

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
1,831
Reaction score
25
Ugh, men are so stupid. She's making a legit "ugly face" and just happens to be naked faced and "ready for bed" as well. You could plaster her with fake eyelashes and lipstick, and if she had a photo taken of her in that bad lighting, up close, with greasy looking hair in her face, she'd obviously still look heinous. It goes without saying that most women look less "glamourous" without make up on, especially when they get as made-up as celebrities do. I also guarantee that most men don't even realize when regular women are wearing make-up unless they go around looking like some kind made-up freak show.
 

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
4,645
Reaction score
34
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I also guarantee that most men don't even realize when regular women are wearing make-up unless they go around looking like some kind made-up freak show.

Nah. I can...
 

dune

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
858
Reaction score
35
I'd need before/after shots in identical conditions to really measure the difference between made up/ not made up. Lord knows that there are plenty of pictures of me that are heinous as hell, while some others look decent...and unlike Uncontrol I don't wear make-up.
 

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
1,256
Reaction score
139
Originally Posted by dune
I'd need before/after shots in identical conditions to really measure the difference between made up/ not made up. Lord knows that there are plenty of pictures of me that are heinous as hell, while some others look decent...and unlike Uncontrol I don't wear make-up.

Pretty much.
 

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
33,652
Reaction score
862
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Ugh, men are so stupid. She's making a legit "ugly face" and just happens to be naked faced and "ready for bed" as well. You could plaster her with fake eyelashes and lipstick, and if she had a photo taken of her in that bad lighting, up close, with greasy looking hair in her face, she'd obviously still look heinous. It goes without saying that most women look less "glamourous" without make up on, especially when they get as made-up as celebrities do. I also guarantee that most men don't even realize when regular women are wearing make-up unless they go around looking like some kind made-up freak show.

ya, rly.
 

cross22

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
4,541
Reaction score
963
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Ugh, men are so stupid. She's making a legit "ugly face" and just happens to be naked faced and "ready for bed" as well. You could plaster her with fake eyelashes and lipstick, and if she had a photo taken of her in that bad lighting, up close, with greasy looking hair in her face, she'd obviously still look heinous. It goes without saying that most women look less "glamourous" without make up on, especially when they get as made-up as celebrities do. I also guarantee that most men don't even realize when regular women are wearing make-up unless they go around looking like some kind made-up freak show.

 

fleet on feet

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by facebookdigg123
women shouldnt look drastically different with make up on. some of those celebs look scary, except for jennifer love hewitt.

yeah, jlh still looks great
 

facebookdigg123

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Whatever, I think my GF is "pretty, without any makeup on"....

do you find her funny when she tells the punchline wrong?
 

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
47
Originally Posted by fleet on feet
yeah, jlh still looks great

+1

-LR
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,089
Messages
9,191,444
Members
193,063
Latest member
joycejohnson454

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top