1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How Good Is or Isn't Magnanni As a Dress Shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jerry52, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ACutAbove

ACutAbove New Member

I own both

i own both of those magnanni shoes as well and am pleased with the quality at the price point.

2. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

3. stylespec

stylespec Member

I am stumbling onto this old thread too. I too agree that people put too much focus on shoe construction. I for one never had the sole of a shoe replaced and nor do I intend to do so ever. I have no problem throwing away a fully used up pair of shoes and buying new ones.

I have just acquired a couple of Magnannis, and I love the styling. They are nice, sleek, and comfortable indeed. These shoes are like slim fit attires - they are not for everybody and you need to have the height and slim physic to pull it off.

Buying shoes just so they last you 20 years is doing it wrong. That is unless you lived through the great depression. Refresh your style every 5 to 10 years and enjoy the process.

4. Beancooker

Beancooker Member

As far as Magnanni, they're okay in my book. Not a great shoe, but not bad at all.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  5. shoemaker101

shoemaker101 New Member

Magnanni shoes are hand made in Spain. They are truly a work of art. You get compliments mostly from fine high class women not from men who don't know shit. They are the La Ferrari of shoes.

6. Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii Senior member

Most on this Forum have a stricter definition of handmaking shoes than you do. It's true that Bologna constructed shoes like Magnanni are not bad, but one can do much better..