• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How good are Magnanni shoes?

ns7

Reaction score
Definitely go for the Strand. You can still return before it's too late.

I believe Magnanni are decent value around ~$200.

ESPNHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubblegum
I went shoe shopping at Norstrom. Was looking for brown/burgundy dress shoes. I liked the Allen Edmond's:
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

But gf liked the Magnanni:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/magnanni...y&resultback=0

In the end I went with the Magnanni.
Both shoes cost about $300. I have never heard of Magnanni, are they good shoes? How do they compare to AE shoes?
Worth $300?

The uglier shoe at the same price will always be higher quality.

Do you want something that looks good? Or do you want something that is "quality"?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnanni makes solid shoes. I have owned Magnannis far longer than any AE shoe. They are Blake constructed and with very good quality leather. They tend to run .5-1.0 size large (long).

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I have a pair of black double monks by them. Absolutely love them. The shape and toe are tops. Very sleek. I wear them much more than any of my AEs and ive been more than pleased.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. I owned the Strand for about 6 months. The Magnannis for about 2 years. Never once polished the Magnannis and beat the crap outta them. They took it like a champ. Got 'em for $110 shipped when a Magnanni rep was selling them on eBay.

calvinloke

Reaction score
Owned a pair of Magnanni's wholecut for 2 years already. Very good. Nicks can be polished and buffed out easily.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the Magnannis to AE's. Not John lobbs, but a pretty good shoe if you get it on discount

Drudged

Reaction score
The two pairs of Magnannis that I have are on a sleek and modern last without going overboard. Some of the styles can look like something from a sartorial nightmare, but they have many conservatively cut, stylish options. They can be had at around ~$150-$200 on discount, and as such are definitely a viable option. The leather used on them that I've seen, while never top of the line, maintains itself well over time. Neimans last call and Nordstrom rack routinely offer them at reasonable prices.

bubblegum

Reaction score
Would you buy Magnanni shoes at full retail price though? I ones I got yesterday are at full retail for $300. Too much? I noticed many board members get Magnanni shoes at far cheaper price. Do they go on sale often? Should I return and wait ?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubblegum
Would you buy Magnanni shoes at full retail price though? I ones I got yesterday are at full retail for $300. Too much? I noticed many board members get Magnanni shoes at far cheaper price. Do they go on sale often? Should I return and wait ?
they're commonly available much cheaper. are you willing to invest the time and effort in trolling the sales to find exactly what you want? or are you flexible about things like style and color? if the answer to both q's is yes, then you can definitely save a lot of money by waiting for sales online or in the brick & mortars, or on eBay/B&S

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magananni are made 100 km from my home. Those are nice, but they copy too much Santoni.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads