• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How Formal are Allen Edmonds Kennett?

h4zin

Reaction score
You guys are probably sick of all my questions by now, but all of your help has been truly invaluable.

I already picked up a pair of AE Park Ave's in brown and was considering getting AE Kennett in black. I'd like to wear the Kennett for business casual and for interviews. I can see these working well for the workplace, but I'm not so sure if they are formal enough for a finance interview. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not formal enough for interviews. They are a blucher - meaning the laces are open at the bottom rather than closed like your PA's, which is less formal. They are also a split toe, which is less formal than a plain toe or a cap toe. They are also a rubber sole shoe, and while they're not a lugged rubber sole, many will tell you that this feature also makes them less dressy.

For interviews and suit wear, the PA in black is a good choice. The kennetts are fine for biz casual, but I personally wouldn't pair them with a suit. Not that I've ever worn bluchers with a suit, but not these.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's