• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How easy to let out suit jacket? (And rec for a NYC tailor on Sundays)

Lowndes

Reaction score
Just curious how complicated letting out a fully canvassed suit jacket a couple of inches would be? Have 4 jackets that I would like to have let out about 2" (if there is enough fabric for that)? Thanks

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
Just curious how complicated letting out a fully canvassed suit jacket a couple of inches would be? Have 4 jackets that I would like to have let out about 2" (if there is enough fabric for that)? Thanks
You can see just the contrary here, look for my pics of before and now http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196763

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes

Have the tailor open up the lining to see if there are any extra material.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
easy? yes, providing there is cloth inside.

Tweedy

Reaction score
I agree, if the cloth is there then it can be done relatively easily

Lowndes

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I did find out there is cloth inside so now just need to make it to a tailor to have done. Anybody know of a decent NYC tailor open on Sundays?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
letting out a jacket is easy. there are numerous dominican tailors in the lower east side that will be open today. between houston and delancy. which one is good? sorry I can't help but I know they will be open.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
letting out a jacket is easy. there are numerous dominican tailors in the lower east side that will be open today. between houston and delancy. which one is good? sorry I can't help but I know they will be open.

Thanks, never been to that area and have been meaning to explore so will take a visit down there. I did do a google search and the only place that came up was Victor & Tailors in Nolita. Every heard of them?

bjornb17

Reaction score
Don't forget to add pleats while you're at it.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the tailors I am referring to on either orchard or rivington. not sure if these guys even advertise.
or would even show up in a google search

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pablo at Stanton Tailors will take good care of you and they might be open on Sundays. Their number is (212) 353-9753. H'es let out and taken in numerous jackets for me over the years. Not too expensive although he can be very busy so turnaround time is variable.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.