1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How Does Your Hair Look Today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by LetsLaugh, Mar 9, 2010.

1. LetsLaugh

LetsLaugh Member

First and foremost, let me say, I absolutely love this forum. And while I am new, I must admit that I was almost horrified at the fact I could not find a *good* hair thread. [​IMG]

In my opinion, and I am sure that I am not alone, hair is one of the most important things when it comes to style. In many cases it sets a base from which the rest of your style will stem from. When people first see you, your hair and your face tends to draw the most attention, it shows your personality, your grooming, how you are feeling that day.

Enough with the rambling, my point is, hair is just as important as what you are wearing. So let's kick things off with a thread dedicated to your hair. Looking through the "WAYWT" threads, I saw some great hairstyles, and think they should be given their own topic. Feel free to show how your hair goes with your outfit, just a close up of it, or how you want it to look/get cut.
    ---------------------------------
    I'll start things off.
    Just got out the shower, this is how my hair is right now. (not brushed, letting the curl/wave set in)
    [​IMG]

In about a month, getting it cut to look similiar to this.
    [​IMG]

*Edit* for the sake of hair

2. why

why Senior member

When I first opened the thread, I could only see two brows and their accompanying scalps. It could be the making of a decent hair thread! Then I scrolled down and saw Patrick Dempsey's mug and realized it's just as bad as the rest.

3. LetsLaugh

LetsLaugh Member

While I don't know any of patrick's work personally (have never seen him act) my hair is very curly and hard to manage at times, his hair cut is perfect for my hairtype. I'm not sure if you said that because I included his whole face, you don't like his hair, or you don't like him.

To respond to all the scenarios:

1)I included his whole face because it was easier to just grab the image as is, notice I only included my hair, as that's what I was focusing on.

2)If you don't like his hair, no problem, we all have our own personal prefences and hairtypes, so I don't hold you accountable for your ill-feelings towards it.

3)I don't know him, so I can't defend or agree with these sentiments.

Anyway, feel free to post your hair.

4. why

why Senior member

Every thread on hair involves a celebrity.

5. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

This thread seems cool. In the interest of not shitting it up, here's my contribution:

[​IMG]

Nothing done to it- towel dried and left alone.

6. LetsLaugh

LetsLaugh Member

Every thread on hair involves a celebrity.

Fair enough, I could care less, I just love hair. Lol, I grew up on Uncle Jesse.

[​IMG] just got in from a long, long night.

7. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Tough to find a stylist that can cut hair well enough to look like Patrick Dempsey. Having longer hair thats manageable takes a talented stylist, so it may take some effort to find the right person.

I recently found a barber in princeton who does a great job, I went on google and searched for recommendations before settling, prior to that I had gone through maybe 5-6 stylists, some good, some really good, some terrible.

I found that salons are not always best when it comes to mens hair, and paying more doesnt mean that you definitely get more.

My barber charges $20/cut I tip $5-$10, I received a better haircut then when i paid $60 for a haircut.

I also found the shampoo and conditioner to have a noticeable effect on how my hair turned out, Kiehls herbal shampoo and amino acid conditioner work best for me.

8. LetsLaugh

LetsLaugh Member

Haha, good stuff goomba, I am sure we all have horror stories from that *one* stylist we will never go back to. My last haircut actually was a fauxhawk sort of deal, and my god, the woman that cut it was so horribly unprepared, I ended up having to fix it myself at home.

Do you mind posting a picture of your hair, I am interested to see how it looks.

9. Aproniano

Aproniano Member

Normally i have the same, i don't have hair...

10. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

I'm about to take a shower and cut mine. I'll get back to you.

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Can we make this a "guess his muff" threak?

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

My hair is fantastic today. Had a great cut a few days ago.

13. cheyrou

cheyrou Well-Known Member

A couple months ago I quit washing my hair reguraly. While showering I put a small amount of olive oil in it, let it sit for apx. ten minutes then rinse most of it out. Every shower after that i just run some water through my hair and towel dry it. My hair looks a lot better, and the olive oil keeps it healthy. So long as i rinse out the oil, my hair is not very greasy, just a little oily as to allow easy styling. I think this approach is better for people with thick black semi curly hair.

14. LetsLaugh

LetsLaugh Member

A couple months ago I quit washing my hair reguraly. While showering I put a small amount of olive oil in it, let it sit for apx. ten minutes then rinse most of it out. Every shower after that i just run some water through my hair and towel dry it. My hair looks a lot better, and the olive oil keeps it healthy. So long as i rinse out the oil, my hair is not very greasy, just a little oily as to allow easy styling. I think this approach is better for people with thick black semi curly hair.

Very nice. I will look into that.

15. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

My hair looks pretty shitty at the moment. My hair is thinning a bit so I've been buzzing it lately. Now you might think it should look no worse than when a barber does it because it's a pretty simple cut but you'd be wrong. My hair looks uneven. Almost like there are lines in my hair. My clippers are designed so that you can adjust the length, but I don't quite feel confident to do that so I keep the plastic combs on. But I think the tapper was set to the wrong level, and my hair just looks messy now, the back and sides in particular. I can only wait for it to grow longer and try again or go back to spending $20 to get it cut when I should be able to do it myself.

I envy those with full heads of hair. [​IMG]

16. legit

legit Well-Known Member

My hair is going wild at the moment... getting it cut next week! (Blast you people for having no appointments available)