• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Does This Thom Browne Jacket Look?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
To add to the uncouth chorus, the tool that I grasp in my hands exceeds 6.7.
Now I know why you worked for Lambda Legal...

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Now I know why you worked for Lambda Legal...

My girlfriend has gotten a lot more use out of my tool than the Lambda Legal folks did.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Guys-

The reaction at AAAC (a far more conservative forum) was not overly positive. Was curious what you guys thought over here. Is it just too silly looking? I like it, but have very eccentric taste, and some of my items are over the top...is this one?

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

I'm aware one sleeve is a bit longer than the other...other than that...fire away please.

Rob

Ok, back to basics! I don't like the way you've styled it. Get softer, thinner pants and go beltless, remove the tie and go with a white shirt. See if that removes some of the bulging at the waist but keep in mind TB is a caricatural look and you can't try toning it down by pairing it with some sort of business casual outfit.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My girlfriend has gotten a lot more use out of my tool than the Lambda Legal folks did.
Does she know that you hold some guy's 6.7+ inch penis ffrom time to time?
smile.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Ok, back to basics! I don't like the way you've styled it. Get softer, thinner pants and go beltless, remove the tie and go with a white shirt. See if that removes some of the bulging at the waist but keep in mind TB is a caricatural look and you can't try toning it down by pairing it with some sort of business casual outfit.

If not losing the tie, then at least a thinner, more somber tie in a duller material. Something like a solid grey wool or cashmere tie. I also like the idea of the white shirt and slim, cropped khakis. Although, I think the outfit will ultimately fail because of the pinstriped coat. It could work better in a solid color.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does she know that you hold some guy's 6.7+ inch penis ffrom time to time?
smile.gif

Although I meant my own 6.7+ inch penis, she probably had her suspicions while I worked that job. I will stop writing now for my own good.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If not losing the tie, then at least a thinner, more somber tie in a duller material. Something like a solid grey wool or cashmere tie. I also like the idea of the white shirt and slim, cropped khakis. Although, I think the outfit will ultimately fail because of the pinstriped coat. It could work better in a solid color.
Something like this from Black Fleece would work well:
men-apparel-822-zoom.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Although I meant my own 6.7+ inch penis, she probably had her suspicions while I worked that job. I will stop writing now for my own good.

We're talking girth, though, right?

- B

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something like this from Black Fleece would work well

That's exactly what I had in mind.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
We're talking girth, though, right?

That's exactly what I had in mind.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Something like this from Black Fleece would work well:

men-apparel-822-zoom.jpg

That new kid on the block, chorse123, has some interesting knit tie. I might indulge cause I'm curious, everyone needs more unworn ties rolled up in a dresser somewhere. Anyway they might fit if he really wanted a tie.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one else mentions how ugly his facial hair is for his face shape?

He needs to know this; it's important.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
That new kid on the block, chorse123, has some interesting knit tie. I might indulge cause I'm curious, everyone needs more unworn ties rolled up in a dresser somewhere. Anyway they might fit if he really wanted a tie.

I agree, the three inch width on the Younts would work better...but I'm not sold on wearing ties with jeans in the first place unless the jacket is pure streetwear.

Frankly, you've looked the best of anyone who has posted TB on this forum.

Originally Posted by bluemagic

What shape of face do you recommend?

- B

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Frankly, you've looked the best of anyone who has posted TB on this forum.

TB looked good on Fuuma. The conventional fit and balanced look turned out well. He represented how TB can look very appropriate for a business or formal setting. However, the more fashion-oriented look can be fine, too, imo, but for casual/social settings.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic

Considering that's not the advice he asked for, why should people mention it?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it just the second picture, or is that jacket actually a quilted pinstripe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads