• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does this suit fit (Lanieri)

Angel91

Reaction score
I think everyone is extra careful with these measurements, I mean, no one wants a poorly fitting suit. From what I’ve gathered from local tailors and people on the forum, the problem with lanieri and companies like them, is that they adjust an existing size to your measurements, and if your body type is not very common, those adjustments don’t really work well. I will certainly try them on site next time, at least if the suit fits poorly they can see it right away.

NATAZ

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I have received my Lanieri suit yesterday. it was unfortunately way oversized.
Luckily, I contacted their customer service which replayed super fast. They asked that I take it to my local tailor and get an offer for the alliteration (up to 75 EUR), otherwise, they would find another solution. I can tell you, I have no attention of waiting another 4-5 weeks for delivery ( in case they want me to return it) therefore, I took it to the tailor and the total sum came to around 80 EUR to fix. now let's hope the tailor does a proper job or-else it was a nice waste of 1,150 USD.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 16.11.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 16.11.03.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 159
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 15.33.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 15.33.48.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 203
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 16.11.03 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 16.11.03 (1).jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 199

Angel91

Reaction score
My god, same as me. How can it be that they get it wrong so frequently? I hope your tailor can alter it, seems like a difficult job. I’d just send it back, they haven’t delivered what they were supposed to.

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
. it was unfortunately way oversized.

Wow, for a MTM suit, that might be an understatement even with the bold type.....

I finally got my second shirt from Lanieri (I ordered 2 and they sent one first so they could make fit adjustments to the second). The second shirt fits a little better than the first, but still not perfect. Given that and the posts in this thread, I will not be buying a suit form them, despite their fantastic fabrics.

I did try SUSUs MTM suit offers and was very pleased with the fit and the fabric. I dislike purchasing anything made in China, though, so I will keep looking.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I have received my Lanieri suit yesterday. it was unfortunately way oversized.
Luckily, I contacted their customer service which replayed super fast. They asked that I take it to my local tailor and get an offer for the alliteration (up to 75 EUR), otherwise, they would find another solution. I can tell you, I have no attention of waiting another 4-5 weeks for delivery ( in case they want me to return it) therefore, I took it to the tailor and the total sum came to around 80 EUR to fix. now let's hope the tailor does a proper job or-else it was a nice waste of 1,150 USD.

The shoulders are chest are too big for you. If you can stop the tailor from working on the garment and get a refund from Lanieri, I would do that. That suit can't be altered to fit without major recutting.

NATAZ

Reaction score
Wow, for a MTM suit, that might be an understatement even with the bold type.....

I finally got my second shirt from Lanieri (I ordered 2 and they sent one first so they could make fit adjustments to the second). The second shirt fits a little better than the first, but still not perfect. Given that and the posts in this thread, I will not be buying a suit form them, despite their fantastic fabrics.

I did try SUSUs MTM suit offers and was very pleased with the fit and the fabric. I dislike purchasing anything made in China, though, so I will keep looking.
tell me about it. the higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment

NATAZ

Reaction score
The shoulders are chest are too big for you. If you can stop the tailor from working on the garment and get a refund from Lanieri, I would do that. That suit can't be altered to fit without major recutting.
I think I would do that. although I have already told Lanieri I will be using the tailor

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I would do that. although I have already told Lanieri I will be using the tailor

When buying MTM clothing, it's always best to buy from a shop that can fit you in person. Ideally, the shop should have fitting garments, which will allow you to see how you fit into their block pattern.

NATAZ

Reaction score
When buying MTM clothing, it's always best to buy from a shop that can fit you in person. Ideally, the shop should have fitting garments, which will allow you to see how you fit into their block pattern.
I have done it in their shop in Milano and was measured by their MTM adviser with a fitting garment

NATAZ

Reaction score
additionally, I have just spoken with my tailor and he started to work on the suit. so will have too see the results.

NATAZ

Reaction score
Update: the suit jacket can not be altered, therefore Lanieri are making me a new one
Hope this time it will work for them :)

Angel91

Reaction score
And you got measured in store? I wonder what’s wrong with them…

tilesomoole

Reaction score
the suit jacket can not be altered, therefore Lanieri are making me a new one

As well they should. Standard 1-month wait on it I would guess?

I'm interested to see how it turns out.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done it in their shop in Milano and was measured by their MTM adviser with a fitting garment
It is hard to believe that after being measured by Lanieri that the result was so poor.
A few years ago I looked at them for a MTM suit due to their fabric choices. Reading this thread I'm glad I didn't choose them.
I have used S&M for a 3 MTM shirts and 1 DB SC with very good results. As someone else suggested I sent them
specific measurements of a shirt and a SC that fit me well. The result was the clothing needed no further tweaking after I received them and that includes surgeons cuffs on the SC.
I will caveat the above by saying I can buy OTR with minimal alterations necessary. My body type is easy other than a bit of shoulder slope. I also had previously purchased 2 OTR suits and a 4 OTR shirts from them in both slim and contemporary from S&M which helped to get the right measurements for the MTM items I purchased.
I'm not here to hype S&M it is just they are my only MTM experience so far. I have 3 MTM shirts coming from Collaro which I am excited about and will give details of my overall experience.

NATAZ

Reaction score
And you got measured in-store? I wonder what’s wrong with them…
Not this time. I went to my local tailor for the current measurements based on the previous jacket they sent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads