• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does this look?

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Hi.

Attachment 10796

I used to wear MUCH baggier stuff, that felt like a tent.

This is actually as tight as I was willing to go (also because I'm fat and any tighter
tailoring would accentuate that...I will reserve slim fit tailoring till I drop some LBs)

Just wanted to share the work in progress.

Here's what I have on:

Borelli button shirt w/Dunhill cuffs
Bvlgari Tie
Coach Belt
CK straight leg slack
AE wingtips

Let me know if I'm on the right track and what's more to do.

Thanks.

Holstein

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holstein Bilter
Hi.

Attachment 10796

I used to wear MUCH baggier stuff, that felt like a tent.

This is actually as tight as I was willing to go (also because I'm fat and any tighter
tailoring would accentuate that...I will reserve slim fit tailoring till I drop some LBs)

Just wanted to share the work in progress.

Here's what I have on:

Borelli button shirt w/Dunhill cuffs
Bvlgari Tie
Coach Belt
CK straight leg slack
AE wingtips

Let me know if I'm on the right track and what's more to do.

Thanks.

Holstein

Not too bad. I like the shirt, but I would shorten the pants a bit.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice

+1.

Very nice overall! Shorten the pants a bit and try wearing brown shoes as well. Otherwise, the outfit is kind of dark (dark blue, dark grey, pale blue, black shoes).

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
+1. Very nice overall! Shorten the pants a bit and try wearing brown shoes as well. Otherwise, the outfit is kind of dark (dark blue, dark grey, pale blue, black shoes).
Thanks. The shoes are dark brown but came out black cuz of my cell phone cam. Yeah, I'll add a more colorful tie next time.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
It looks great, HB.

- If you're actually fat, one would never guess it.

- The shirt looks good to me. Not overly blousy at all, and it is dificult to get more a precise fit without moving on to a custom shirtmaker.

- The trousers should be shortened as people note.

- The trousers also fit too tightly around your hips. Those look like on-seam pockets, and if so, that is a pocket configuration that is especially unforgiving...they Dumbo out when tight. If you like this fit for yourself, try slanted pockets instead. Or, if you're still losing weight, you will probably see this effect diminish with those trousers.

- I don't mind the monotone blue myself, but I would hope that your jacket leavens that a bit.

- Bulgari ties have amazing silks and they seem made very carefully. I dislike most of their patterns, however, and am happy that I cannot see it in your cell phone shot. They are also typically wider than what I prefer, and I think you could carry off a narrower tie easily.

To me, you are not only on the right track, but well along on it.

- B

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you look pretty good. If I want to get picky, I'd say lose almost an inch in the length of the pants. But I really do like everything else about it including the color scheme and fit.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are *still* fat. Sorry for sounding harsh but people's negative comments is what kept me going.
tongue.gif
I am fat too and has been on diet/workout and went from 245lbs to 210lbs (target 170lb by Oct btw).

The most exciting things that happened to me were not people's compliments but how I have to buy new belts because the old ones became too long and how I am able to fit into old clothes now!

But your outfit looks great! The only thing I don't like in your outfit is your shoe; they look slightly chunky which could add to your weight. The tie could be slightly lower but it's fine in the picture. Don't worry too much about the pants length; they will just grew longer and longer because the reduction of circumference of your waist/butt/thigh (at least that's what happened to me). You would probably end up buying new clothes anyway.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
+1. in this pic you look *only* chubby, if that help you at all
tounge.gif

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Yes, you are *still* fat. Sorry for sounding harsh but people's negative comments is what kept me going.
tongue.gif
I am fat too and has been on diet/workout and went from 245lbs to 210lbs (target 170lb by Oct btw).

The most exciting things that happened to me were not people's compliments but how I have to buy new belts because the old ones became too long and how I am able to fit into old clothes now!

But your outfit looks great! The only thing I don't like in your outfit is your shoe; they look slightly chunky which could add to your weight. The tie could be slightly lower but it's fine in the picture. Don't worry too much about the pants length; they will just grew longer and longer because the reduction of circumference of your waist/butt/thigh (at least that's what happened to me). You would probably end up buying new clothes anyway.

Not harsh at all! I need that kind of honesty to make sure I'm making progress.
I'm at 230 lbs now and am target to get to 175 as well. I'm shooting for August

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It looks great, HB.

- If you're actually fat, one would never guess it.

- The shirt looks good to me. Not overly blousy at all, and it is dificult to get more a precise fit without moving on to a custom shirtmaker.

- The trousers should be shortened as people note.

- The trousers also fit too tightly around your hips. Those look like on-seam pockets, and if so, that is a pocket configuration that is especially unforgiving...they Dumbo out when tight. If you like this fit for yourself, try slanted pockets instead. Or, if you're still losing weight, you will probably see this effect diminish with those trousers.

- I don't mind the monotone blue myself, but I would hope that your jacket leavens that a bit.

- Bulgari ties have amazing silks and they seem made very carefully. I dislike most of their patterns, however, and am happy that I cannot see it in your cell phone shot. They are also typically wider than what I prefer, and I think you could carry off a narrower tie easily.

To me, you are not only on the right track, but well along on it.

- B

Thanks.. Hopefully the weightloss will diminish that trouser affect.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
I have to buy new belts because the old ones became too long.
You don't need to buy new belts, simply have a cobbler shorten them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads