• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How does this look for a wedding?

Whiteknight

Reaction score
I'm attending an evening wedding this weekend - how does this combination look? I'm a newbie at all this, but I'm trying to make the best of what I already have as I slowly evolve my wardrobe. I'll be wearing my black AE Park Avenues.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Change either the square or the tie. That the two are basically opposite patterns detracts from the fit. White linen square would work better.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please destroy that tie. Wear something in navy and you can keep the PS. Look at the soporific tie thread for ideas.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one will look twice at you. But personally, I would never a yellow tie unironically.

Whiteknight

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, I'm trying to make the best of what I have. I have a few other ties that might work, but my ps collection is minimal. All I have is the blue one pictured, a plain white cotton and, unfortunately given the apparent disdain for yellow ties, a pale yellow cotton and a medium brightness yellow silk. Anything I can do with those or should I skip the ps?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wear the white cotton.

whats the shirt look like, its hard to tell

Reaction score
Actually I think his outfit is nice.

Where did you buy that tie? I don't wear yellow often but I like this one.

Whiteknight

Reaction score
wear the white cotton.
whats the shirt look like, its hard to tell

Nothing special. White, point collar, button cuffs, standard placket, somewhat fitted but could use a trip to the tailor.

I can't remember where I got the tie. I've had it for years.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.