1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How does this fit look to more experienced eyes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by factorof2, Sep 20, 2013.

1. factorof2

factorof2 New Member

Just recently purchased my first suit as a birthday gift to myself and was wondering how it looks in terms of fit. I intend to go have the shirt and pants tailored (this picture I have the pants cuffed to a more reasonable length). In my inexperience, it seems to fit quite well for an OTR and I'm pretty pleased. The angle of the picture might be a bit deceiving as it's taken from a lower point of view and due to my awkward pose at the time. I should probably point out I did quite a bit of reading here and other places before finally settling on what I felt I was looking for.
    [​IMG]

2. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Are the pants pulled up? How much air between your boys and the seam?

I'm only asking because i can see your belt, and the crotch of your pants seems to be in line with the end of your thumb. If you can wear them higher i would recommend it, and this would effect your hemming length.

Apart from that, everything else seems reasonable from the front, although the waist or hips might be a shade tight (causing the quaters to open like that).

3. factorof2

factorof2 New Member

I could probably wear them higher. I just put them on at a height where they felt comfortable. I plan on relying on a professional tailor to tell me the best way they fit me and hem them appropriately. And yeah, I imagine that was actually due to the fact that I was turned slightly and leaning a bit. The fit is snug but doesn't feel constricting.

4. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

It actually looks pretty good. The bowing lapels and stress at the button suggest it's slightly tight, but if I was slim and something RTW fit me like that I'd buy it.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Provided you don't gain weight, this is a pretty good fit. Change nothing. Your next suit should have (arguably) slightly less pull at the center button. Welcome to Styleforum factorof2. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  6. Dempsy444

Dempsy444 Senior member

looks good. nice buy.

7. AwfullyNiceGuy

AwfullyNiceGuy Well-Known Member

I know this wasn't what you asked for, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway, is it a windsor-knot you're using? It seems rather full and too nicely shaped to be a four in hand. The only reason I bring up the point is that the preferred knot of menswear bloggers and enthusiasts seems to be the four in hand.

BTW I have no credentials in menswear at all(but intensive lurking), so take it as an advice from one styleforum newcomer to another.

8. factorof2

factorof2 New Member

Perfectly valid point NiceGuy. When I looked at it the knot makes the whole tie look very large, and since it's a slim suit that is supposed to make my slim frame look better I think the tie does fine on it's own without the giant half-windsor in there. I intend to wear it with a four in hand in the future because the knot looked wrong to me in hindsight.