• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does this blazer look?

Cyber0066

Reaction score
New here. I thought this blazer looked pretty good and picked it up. Planning to just wear this with jeans and have it unbuttoned. What do you guys think of the cut? It's untailored. If I were to get it tailored, what would I get them to do? You can be brutally honest if you wish.
picturezy9.jpg
picture001lx7.jpg
picture002si9.jpg

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is basically a good fit and an okay fabric. I like the height of the gorge also. You could perhaps have the waist taken in slightly, though it already might be tapered enough there - depending on your taste.

It does seem a bit like a suit jacket though. It might look a little bit too serious for jeans or could look like "orphaned". But this is certainly a look many people find to be attractive.

Cyber0066

Reaction score
Originally Posted by babygreenspots
It is basically a good fit and an okay fabric. I like the height of the gorge also. You could perhaps have the waist taken in slightly, though it is already a tapered. It does seem a bit like a suit jacket though. It might look a little bit too serious for jeans and could look orphaned. But this is certainly a look many people find to be attractive.

How are you able to tell what the fabric is just by looking at the picture? Or do you mean the pattern?

And could you give me an example of what a more casual blazer would look like? Just so I can compare.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit looks pretty good to me. As far as casual jackets here are some good examples. They tend to have paterns or some amount of texture to the fabric. None of these things are absolutes but these jackets are good examples.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23472

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
fit looks pretty good to me. As far as casual jackets here are some good examples. They tend to have paterns or some amount of texture to the fabric. None of these things are absolutes but these jackets are good examples.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23472

These pictures are good examples. For a more youthful look, the key may be texture. If you want something more subtle (and matchable), try various weaves:

1. Subtle herringbones, perhaps in navy, grey, brown
2. Houndstooth
3. Donegal

You might want to try a tweed blazer or cotton moleskin.

Other forum members know far more than I do about this.

I said the fabric looked okay, because it seems to hang on his body pretty well and reflect the light well. But yes, I don't really know too much from the picture.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit looks good. It does look a little like an orphaned suit jacket. Also, don't wear it with that shirt underneath. Where did you get it from?

Cyber0066

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
The fit looks good. It does look a little like an orphaned suit jacket. Also, don't wear it with that shirt underneath. Where did you get it from?
O ya, I won't wear it with that shirt. I just happen to be wearing that shirt when I put it on. I got it at H&M. I've been looking for a casual blazer at the time. But I saw the price tag....$60 CDN and I decided to pick it up right away before it gets sold out. I think it's a good deal. It's not wool. It's 65% polyester, 35% rayon. But at least I won't be afraid to get this thing dirty since it's so cheap. I figure once the tag comes off and I wear it with a nice dress shirt and loafers, no one will know it cost $60 hehe.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a bad fit for off the rack, I would maybe get the waist taken in slightly and the sleeves raised a tiny bit. Might not be worth the money to get the waist taken in, prolly cost you half the price of the jacket. I have a similar looking one I got from BR last year only with a peak lapel.

I don't think it is too serious for jeans. Would look better with a darker, more indigo wash though. I also, depending on where you are wearing it, see nothing wrong with wearing blazers with a t shirt, though v-necks with nothing under them look very peculiar no matter what, imho.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, it doesn`t look good with jeans and it is probably an orphaned suit jacket (not a blazer or sports jacket).

The fit is pretty good though.

Stuttjukken

Reaction score
The suit jacket fits You very well, but wear it with suit separates as wool trouser, shirt and tie on a bit formal events.

DandySF

Reaction score
Replacing the buttons would improve the appearance. Consider smoked mother of pearl or something in the amber/brown range.

Cyber0066

Reaction score
Hm, I wonder if I should keep it still. I was looking for something to wear with jeans (indigo). The previous picture examples were nice but I don't think it would suit me very well. I like darker colours and simple patterns.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With dark indigo jeans cut in a relaxed style, maybe. Definitely not with that shirt. The polyester might make it a physically warm combination, however.

Reaction score
This jacket is way too serious to wear with jeans.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I agree - I think the sheen/look of the fabric doesn't jibe with jeans. It's too smooth, patterned - looks like a suit jacket, and that "look" is dead, if it was ever cool. Sorry for the brutal honesty.

Edit: wanted to mention that girls may still like it, just as they still seem to like black square plastic Frankenshoes. So if that's your aim, fire away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads