• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does the 5EP low down boot compare to RRDS?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in 5EP and Rag&Bone. I'm a true 31 waist with fairly decent thighs at 21.5. I like the RB6 quite a bit, but the rise may be a bit too high, not sure yet. My RRDS in size 30 fit me quite well after a couple weeks wear, but they were slightly tight on the thighs initially. Thanks for any input.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5EP would definitey have the edge in denim quality, I think its the best from the west (outside of those Kicking Mule monsters, hehe). 5EP run about 1 inch large from my experience, and what I've read on the board, so keep that in mind. That said, I think the rise on the 5EP is a good amount higher than the RRDS. I can actually do a comparison shot of a RRDS 34 and a 5EP boot 33 if you're interested.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
I'm definitely interested in 5EP and Rag&Bone. I'm a true 31 waist with fairly decent thighs at 21.5. I like the RB6 quite a bit, but the rise may be a bit too high, not sure yet. My RRDS in size 30 fit me quite well after a couple weeks wear, but they were slightly tight on the thighs initially. Thanks for any input.
I think you could probably wear a 30 in the 5EP bootcut (one wash) Keep in mind that the bootcut isn't as pronounced as the RRDS. I would say that it is a similarly sized cut, but likely won't stretch as much as the RRDS. I think the rise is about 0.75-1" higher on the 5EP bootcut vs the RRDS.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG2G said:
5EP would definitey have the edge in denim quality, I think its the best from the west (outside of those Kicking Mule monsters, hehe). 5EP run about 1 inch large from my experience, and what I've read on the board, so keep that in mind. That said, I think the rise on the 5EP is a good amount higher than the RRDS. I can actually do a comparison shot of a RRDS 34 and a 5EP boot 33 if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

That'd be great if you don't mind! How would you say they compare in terms of roominess in the thighs/seat?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stylin-1 said:
Originally Posted by PG2G
5EP would definitey have the edge in denim quality, I think its the best from the west (outside of those Kicking Mule monsters, hehe). 5EP run about 1 inch large from my experience, and what I've read on the board, so keep that in mind. That said, I think the rise on the 5EP is a good amount higher than the RRDS. I can actually do a comparison shot of a RRDS 34 and a 5EP boot 33 if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

That'd be great if you don't mind! How would you say they compare in terms of roominess in the thighs/seat?

I think RRDS have a little more room than the 5EP LDB if both are the same size, but the 5EP is still fairly roomy.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5EP Dark Worn boot on left (33x32), RRDS on right (34x34). The 5EP look larger from the knee up to me. Can't really tell u how they fit though, I'm a size 32 now so neither of these fit me. I got the RRDS as my first pair of raw cuz they were the last ones at Barney's and half off, hehe. 5EP run a bit big and I lost weight.

nairb49

Reaction score
PG2G is right, I've had both in the past, and the 5eps have a more room in the seat/thighs and higher rise, as well as being generally 1inch bigger in the waist than tagged.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G

5EP Dark Worn boot on left (33x32), RRDS on right (34x34). The 5EP look larger from the knee up to me.

Can't really tell u how they fit though, I'm a size 32 now so neither of these fit me. I got the RRDS as my first pair of raw cuz they were the last ones at Barney's and half off, hehe. 5EP run a bit big and I lost weight.

Hey, thanks for the pics, I appreciate it. It does look like the 5EP are cut a little bigger. I really like the fit of my RRDS, so maybe I'll do the RB6 next, not sure yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads