• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does an SA afford to wear expensive retail clothes?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah unless the Fraternity had about 5 guys total, I find it hard to believe that would happen. It doesn't ever look good in situations like this if you work at a store.

Oh and no we didnt have 5 guys total, so yeah he got into ALOT of trouble for this. Needless to say we were not allowed to come back for the other ones lol

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Scoreboard:

Jeff: 1
Haters: 0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This side had the 90 percent discount, the previous one showed the 50 percent employee one.

In a related note, :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: for getting such a deal. And well done for completely exploiting the system with your fraternity brothers. There's a TFM in there somewhere. :foo:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Maybe a bit off topic, but how hard is it to get a part time job as a SA in a good dept store like NM? In a great designer shop like RL?

like the others said, sales experience is important. if you're going part-time and have a flexible schedule (i.e. you can work evenings, weekends and holidays), i would bet that just being good-looking and personable can get you a job in a place like RL or NM.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and before anyone asks cuz im probably gonna get a thousand PM's about this. The tags were NOT redded and cut

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Oh and before anyone asks cuz im probably gonna get a thousand PM's about this. The tags were NOT redded and cut

i need moar proof.....if youre a 15.5 or a 38/40, you should PM me for a cheap sell off of some stuff. than and only then will i be a believer. :lol::lol:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i need moar proof.....if youre a 15.5 or a 38/40, you should PM me for a cheap sell off of some stuff. than and only then will i be a believer. :lol::lol:

Hahaah actually thats my shirt/ jacket size well err 36/38. In all honesty though it wasnt that great for suits/shirts I mean i got one brown suit and a dinner jacket, and like only one dress shirt. What it was really good for was the ties which were 10 bucks each after discount and the odd stuff like belts, wallets, passport holders, and bags. They did have those velvet smoking jackets which in hindsight i should have bought.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh and shoes of course, but there was one design, for calf leather in black and brown, the aligator leather ones of course, and some really really uncomfortable snow shoes.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

oh and shoes of course, but there was one design, for calf leather in black and brown, the aligator leather ones of course, and some really really uncomfortable snow shoes.

ok ok.....i suppose i could send payment for a couple ties. THEN id believe. hahaha. seriously, thats a wet dream for me. I wouldve gone into HORRIBLE debt there with discounts like that.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw back to the original topic, this is one of the work suits the employees wear, as you can see its made in china.

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This side had the 90 percent discount, the previous one showed the 50 percent employee one.

OWNAGE!!!!!!

It's a shame you would have to actually post the receipt to prove this to strangers. I remember a few weeks ago I posted about getting a $4K LP winter coat for 90% off and people got all twisted over it.

Spoo - what say ye??

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Btw back to the original topic, this is one of the work suits the employees wear, as you can see its made in china.

interesting...very interesting. I hate to say it, but id even buy one of the chinese TFs. quality cant be THAT bad.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong its a great suit, fully canvassed, and to the untrained eye it looks exactly the same. But i went in there the other week and ordered one and while trying on their RTW for sizing, you can really feel the difference, in fabric and just the feel of the coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads