How do your friends dress

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Aug 24, 2009.

1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

One of my friends posts on sufu and wears redwings, jawns and other repro stuff from SE/BiG, and also some Lanvin, YSL, and other generally sf-approved stuff. Another friend posts here and is pretty well dressed. I also have some ghey/hipster/ghey hipster friends who obviously try but wear all their clothes a couple sizes too small. The rest of my friends are pretty normal looking, except for one who dresses like a Crip.

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

heh, I laughed [​IMG] getting laid > shopping AFTER drinks and cigars imo

Many times I've shopped before drinks but I don't think I'd do it with internet dudes + no chicks. Seems kind of strange to me.

Shopping with chicks for their stuff is ghey, for yours is an awful experience.

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

I'm the high-fashiony hipster-type in the bunch. Go figure.

Gets me alot of chicks though since I always stand out from my friends. HAHA.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

One of my friends posts on sufu and wears redwings, jawns and other repro stuff from SE/BiG, and also some Lanvin, YSL, and other generally sf-approved stuff. Another friend posts here and is pretty well dressed. I also have some ghey/hipster/ghey hipster friends who obviously try but wear all their clothes a couple sizes too small. The rest of my friends are pretty normal looking, except for one who dresses like a Crip.

pics of c style representin midwest

i used to c walk all over chi

5. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Friends/bandmates dress aaiight. Mostly mod/punkish w/ classic rock & roll overtones. One dude's way too LA/Entourage, another tries to copy every single fucking item I wear almost. Very annoying. Overall, they pay attention to what they wear and have pretty good taste.

They notice my style and sometimes comment. All but one trips on my need to keep acquiring newer and fresher gear. Like GS, he drops endless amounts of loot on all things MIE Fred Perry and modular in general. Looks damn good for a big ass ex-punk too.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Friends/bandmates dress aaiight. Mostly mod/punkish w/ classic rock & roll overtones. One dude's way too LA/Entourage, another tries to copy every single fucking item I wear almost. Very annoying. Overall, they pay attention to what they wear and have pretty good taste.

They notice my style and sometimes comment. All but one trips on my need to keep acquiring newer and fresher gear. Like GS, he drops endless amounts of loot on all things MIE Fred Perry and modular in general. Looks damn good for a big ass ex-punk too.

Sounds like a certain ghulkhan I know.

7. theom-

theom- Senior member

Most of my buddies dress like your average high school student, seeing as they're all your average high school students. Some of my friends are committed hypebeasts, while some are just brandwhores. Most of my friends think I'm fresh as hell, despite the fact that I'm pretty much average on teh SF standard. I've actually influenced some of them to dress a bit better, which means they now blow all their money at H&M rather than Hollister. Bu then most of the people I'm good with beyond my usual circle don't really care.
    Pretty much the same here, skinny jeans have hit L.A. hard so most guys wear Levis 511s or an equivlent and flannels from surf shops and shit. But I'm really the only one at my school that wears quality denim and button downs regularly, with the exception of one kid who I have seen in Nudies. He should be dressing better considering his dad is a pretty well known fashion designer, Richard Tyler. Girls at my school are either Brand Whores or wanna-be hipsters who shop at UO, with the exception of weird asian anime girls. There is one friend of mine, and she dresses pretty well and spends about as much or more on clothes than i do, considering her Mom is in the industry. As for their reaction, I do get complements but people never really ask how much I spend on shit. I do get the occasional guy who says something stupid about my clarks or something. A couple of my friends do care about what they look like so they do dress okay, and I have been trying to convert a couple of them.

8. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

A wannabe hipster, this is funny.

9. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Three of my good friends lurk sf. They're still in the sf uniform phase.
    They all think I sell drugs to fund my wardrobe lol.

10. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

I think almost all of my friends are hipsters and dress like it, although a couple still dress like skaters.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

They don't care about details but they certainly care about looking alright. I don't think I could be friends with people who care about what they wear like I do.

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

1. They dress like most of the rest of middle-class America
    2. They couldn't care less about what I wear or what I spend on clothes

+1

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Girls:
    C) Marc Jacobs Collection, Marni, Margiela, Dries
    A) J Crew, Club Monaco, Designer Jeans
    K) Random women's Co-Op brands

Boys:
    A) Yoko Devereaux, Common Projects
    C) CdG, Ann D, Raf, Dries, Margiela
    L) Ralph Lauren, Rugy, DSquared2

14. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

1. like 7th graders
    2. i doubt they pay attention. their wives apprecitate it, though.

1. Like 10th graders
    2. I get called "gay", strange, "too-dressed-up", "hey dude, what's with the dressing man?", etc. by men/boys and girls and get compliments from (grown-up, upscale) women.

I did convert someone from skulls and bones. Now he gets many compliments from women... [​IMG]

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Yes. They all get custom things made or their rooms are filled with racks of suits, etc.

One or two are style-conscious but not exceedingly concerned with attire.