1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do your friends dress

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lel, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

Friend 1: Whatever his hipster sister and mom buy him, he looks ok sometimes, I'm trying to show him what's good but he doesn't want to spend a lot of money and he really doesn't care.

Friend 2: Mall shit that he thinks makes him look super fly even though it's a size large on him. He's really stubborn over all, and I know that if I tried to show him some good clothes it wouldn't do anything. He has a "nice" pair of jeans, and by nice I mean a pair of American Eagle skinny jeans.

Friend 3: Super skinny emo-ish kid, pretty much he wears a v neck, skinny jeans, and vans.

2. salavanti

salavanti Member

When my wife and I go out with other couples I usually wear my blazer, other times I've worn a suit without a tie...

I have a friend who is 60 years old and I swear the crap he wears is that old....it appears he doesn't care about nice clothes..
    one of his outfits is faded old jeans, a raggedy looking type of long sleeve sweatshirt, and keen casual shoes

Since I was a kid I always wanted to look good........I always told my kids to look good even when you go to the supermarket....never know who you meet.
    not that you have to dress up...per se.

I remember several years ago I saw a woman, probably about 50 at the time, who used to work with me at the same company I did.
    Saw her in the supermarket line ...she dressed like a homeless person....raggedy looking t-shirt etc. She was stumbling all over herself to offer some explanation why she was dressed that way.

......you never know

Sal

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I love how everyone on SF seems to have three friends... :p

MIne wore Polo oxfords and khakis for thirteen years of school; now, on Sundays, we wear...Polo oxfords and khakis. (However, since discovering SF, mine now fit correctly, even slim. Had two women ask if I was gay this past month. Score!)

4. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Welcome to Styleforum! You'll fit right in!

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

pack of wolves

1 person likes this.
  6. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

we've been friends for 5+ years. it was just me and him when he said it and i pretty much just laughed. he's got his own issues that go deeper than my supposed own. i kind of just blame it on ignorance, he doesnt have a highschool education and came from a broken home and a past full of abusive parents. theres obviously no excuse, but he's always been a good friend and to be honest, when we're out being social, i'm obviously the most confident of the group.

i live in a really small town in Massachusetts and friends are hard to come by. as lame as it sounds, ill take what i can get.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

i like being alone

2 people like this.
  8. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

^^ good call. all i do with my friends is smoke blunts anyways.:paranoia:

9. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

most don't care (the hockey guys)
    i swayed a couple of my closer buddies into raw/selvedge
    and a few are curious onlookers asking lots of questions

i'm your gateway to them

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

:nodding:

That seems to be a common reaction when people see you wear well-fitting clothes, isen't it?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  11. kraands

kraands Senior member

Agreed. I really don't get it. I mean, I do but I don't...

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

It seems to be confined to the US. In most other countries, all men (gay or straight) are expected to take care of themselves by using good hygene, looking good when going out, wearing cologne, wearing well-fitting clothing, etc. Here, if I tell someone I take more than 10 minutes to get ready (including time taken to take a shower, dress up, etc) people think I'm gay. And God forbid if you actually "admit" you iron your office clothes! Some people's jaws drop. Honestly!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  13. jet

jet Senior member

(10)?

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

I'm telling you guys, work the gay angle. Bitches like gay guys. Once you establish your interest in her sexually she'll be on that in an instant because she'll be afraid you'll come out of the closet so she might as well get a piece of that.

1 person likes this.
  15. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

I would totally punch noobizor in the face IRL his existing medical condition for which he was bedridden for 6 months notwithstanding.

16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Hi otter:

You're going to have to translate that for me...

Or have you got me mixed up with someone else?

(Either way, I'm pretty sure making terroristic threats in a public forum is a bad idea :( )

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  17. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Why would anyone want to punch a guy with Jean-Pierre LĂ©aud in his avatar?

18. effang

effang Senior member

they all dress very mediocre/horribly. i don't dress any better, but my stuff is semi-SF approved.

i don't get the cologne thing. i would never wear cologne to work, and would hate it if anybody showed up to work wearing cologne. the strongest scent in the office should be the smell of a fresh shower.

19. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

best answer if you're asked if you're gay

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]