• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you wear your polos?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I often wear jeans or khakis and a polo. I am finding that it can be pretty boring and am interested if how an outfit like that can be made a little more interesting. Any ideas? I know layering can be effective, but its hard with it being so warm...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've worn two polos at once. One popped the other regular... For a less fratastic look you can layer any T-shirt under your polo. You could do the shirt under the polo, which I have done a few times. Maybe a thin hoodie under the polo.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you want really interesting you could try inside-out...
wink.gif

Although, cooler-looking polos are probably your best bet for being taken seriously.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooler looking polos or cooler trousers are your only options until it gets cool enough to layer and wear jackets.

Originally Posted by Jodum5
Maybe a thin hoodie under the polo.
Sorry, but that does not sound like a good idea.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Cooler looking polos or cooler trousers are your only options until it gets cool enough to layer and wear jackets.

Sorry, but that does not sound like a good idea.

Seconded.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just don't wear a t-shirt under your polo. For the life of me I still cannot figure out how this became so popular, and how so many people actually think it looks good.

Just say no to a t-shirt under your polo.

Do not pop your collar either, that just screams "jackass who needs to be slapped."

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always pop your collar. That always gets my attention, but not necessarily in a postive way.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
get cooler looking polos
You're probably right, Get Smart. I just need better looking Polos. I'm not much of a fan or popping the collar or wearing two polos together. I don't think a tee-shirt under a polo is bad as long as the sleeves aren't longer than the polo.

Thanks for the input guys.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like this
newt1.1540.john.karr.gi.jpg
Oversized, buttoned up to the top, tucked into my pleated, beltless, high-rise khakis.

benchan

Reaction score
Well, for a slim polo with a 3 buttons placket, buttoning it up to the top looks fresh.

And if you got good legs, try pairing polo with shorts that ends a few inches Above your knees.

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Like this

Oversized, buttoned up to the top, tucked into my pleated, beltless, high-rise khakis.

ROFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Wade

wallateer

Reaction score
It'd be interesting to see some examples of cooler looking polos. I can't find anything other than RL custom fit polos that fit me. So I'm stuck with those, I guess.

Peter

ville_e

Reaction score
I recommend some polo shirts from Morphine Generation if u like the rock look... I also like the polos from Iceberg.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Like this

Haha just laughed a half minute because of that guy!

A really cool mix is: white jeans or shorts, a belt, a aqua t-shirt and a pale pink polo over the t-shirt!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads