1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you wear your polos?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by WatchGuy, Aug 28, 2006.

1. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

I often wear jeans or khakis and a polo. I am finding that it can be pretty boring and am interested if how an outfit like that can be made a little more interesting. Any ideas? I know layering can be effective, but its hard with it being so warm...

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I've worn two polos at once. One popped the other regular... For a less fratastic look you can layer any T-shirt under your polo. You could do the shirt under the polo, which I have done a few times. Maybe a thin hoodie under the polo.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

get cooler looking polos

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

If you want really interesting you could try inside-out...[​IMG]

Although, cooler-looking polos are probably your best bet for being taken seriously.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Cooler looking polos or cooler trousers are your only options until it gets cool enough to layer and wear jackets.

Maybe a thin hoodie under the polo.
    Sorry, but that does not sound like a good idea.

6. kronik

kronik Senior member

Cooler looking polos or cooler trousers are your only options until it gets cool enough to layer and wear jackets.

Sorry, but that does not sound like a good idea.

Seconded.

7. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Just don't wear a t-shirt under your polo. For the life of me I still cannot figure out how this became so popular, and how so many people actually think it looks good.

Just say no to a t-shirt under your polo.

Do not pop your collar either, that just screams "jackass who needs to be slapped."

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

You could always pop your collar. That always gets my attention, but not necessarily in a postive way.

9. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

get cooler looking polos
    You're probably right, Get Smart. I just need better looking Polos. I'm not much of a fan or popping the collar or wearing two polos together. I don't think a tee-shirt under a polo is bad as long as the sleeves aren't longer than the polo.

Thanks for the input guys.

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

Like this [​IMG] Oversized, buttoned up to the top, tucked into my pleated, beltless, high-rise khakis.

11. benchan

benchan Senior member

Well, for a slim polo with a 3 buttons placket, buttoning it up to the top looks fresh.

And if you got good legs, try pairing polo with shorts that ends a few inches Above your knees.

12. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Like this

[​IMG]

Oversized, buttoned up to the top, tucked into my pleated, beltless, high-rise khakis.

ROFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Wade

13. wallateer

wallateer Well-Known Member

It'd be interesting to see some examples of cooler looking polos. I can't find anything other than RL custom fit polos that fit me. So I'm stuck with those, I guess.

Peter

14. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

I recommend some polo shirts from Morphine Generation if u like the rock look... I also like the polos from Iceberg.

15. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

Like this

[​IMG]

Oversized, buttoned up to the top, tucked into my pleated, beltless, high-rise khakis.

Haha just laughed a half minute because of that guy!

A really cool mix is: white jeans or shorts, a belt, a aqua t-shirt and a pale pink polo over the t-shirt!

16. modual

modual Senior member

Popped collars [​IMG]

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A really cool mix is: white jeans or shorts, a belt, a aqua t-shirt and a pale pink polo over the t-shirt!

Eh, I don't know about that. Sounds a little like something worn with oversized sunglasses to a cheesy (but expensive) South Beach bar, to me... May as well just wear oversized sunglasses as well and be done with it.

18. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Just don't wear a t-shirt under your polo. For the life of me I still cannot figure out how this became so popular, and how so many people actually think it looks good.

I do it sometimes, for two reasons (in reverse order of importance): it's a way to get a little extra color into the outfit sometimes, and much more importantly, in humid climates (I'm counting the entire East Coast in that one), I will sweat right through a first layer if I'm in the heat for more than a couple minutes, even if I'm completely still. Like most naturally skinny guys, I am a poster boy for thermogenesis. It can be 75 degrees out, but if the humidity is over about 55%, it's over. Two layers avoids embarassment.

19. Smooth Genes

Smooth Genes Well-Known Member

Like this

[​IMG]

wow...

20. familyman

familyman Senior member

Have some variety in fit. If every polo you put on is the same brand and same fit as every other polo you own then you'll get sick of them fast no matter how many different colors you have. So you have one type that fits you well. Branch out a bit, try a different brand that fits you a bit different. Maybe a bit trimmer, maybe a bit looser. Get a sewing machine and alter a few just to get some change. Get enough variety that it doesn't feel like a uniform.