• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How Do You Wear High-end/Designer Tee Shirts?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a question...
Do you reserve your costlier tee shirts for special occasions, or do you wear them for most situations, maybe even athletic activity?

flashback

Reaction score
I wear them as if they WEREN'T high end t's

nothing is lamer then getting a frivolously expensive piece of clothing and then treating it like its a princess. wear it out, roll around in the dirt, and use it for a post-coital rag. its the only way.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Party-pooper response: I don't wear any frankly; typically they are a waste of money to my eyes. The law of diminishing returns kicks in VERY quickly with t-shirts.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback

nothing is lamer then getting a frivolously expensive piece of clothing and then treating it like its a princess. wear it out, roll around in the dirt, and use it for a post-coital rag. its the only way.

Great first post.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean high end, I wear a lot of worn graphic t's by LA designers the most expensive of which is around 80 bucks before discount from revolveclothing.com. Nothing by versace, d&g or dior though.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cringe any time I see someone wearing a "designer" t-shirt that looks like they paid more than $30 for. They just look gay, guys. Asians and greasy Argentines can get away with it, but they're gay on anyone else.

alexpham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
They just look gay, guys. Asians and greasy Argentines can get away with it, but they're gay on anyone else.

...being Vietnamese finally pays off.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback

Actually, IIRC, my one experience with a princess involved a lot of rolling around in the dirt

keal

Reaction score
I will be nagging coldrice soon for some Loopwheeler

Those will be used *strictly* in the gym

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i will not pay more than $30, eh and sometimes that can inflate to $40 but its rare.

i mean seriously i've seen some awesome one of a kind designs that were $20 so i think it ridiculous to pay anything more.

i do handwash my more expensive ones though, and only partially dry them in the dryer. after i just let them air dry.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
I cringe any time I see someone wearing a "designer" t-shirt that looks like they paid more than $30 for. They just look gay, guys. Asians and greasy Argentines can get away with it, but they're gay on anyone else.
Homophobia? Check. Racism? Check. Bullshit? Check.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
i wear them in clubbing or partying at my friends' cribs...i like to treat them as any other t-shirt would be treated..casually.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40