• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you typically celebrate Independence Day?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I recently got married and realized it is more important to some than others, and people celebrate it differently.

so, how do you celebrate Independence Day?

I personally like to speak openly about my hatred of all things Brittish, eat something off the grill, and go mild pyromaniacal.

wilson brother

Reaction score
I'm going to drink a White Russian
cheers.gif
and talk with DJ Ricks on Skype because my girl is away on business
satisfied.gif
. I put a box of sand under my computer table to make me feel like I'm on Ventura Beach
cool.gif
. -Danny Wilson (the Guy)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feed dogfood to guests who willingly lap it up and engage in conversations about the weather with people I'd rather not know.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am usually at our lakehouse to celebrate, but since I am not home for the summer I will probably just hang out.

Vito

Reaction score
Go to a relative's or friend's house for a barbecue, drink some beer. Sit on lawnchairs in the yard watching a nearby fireworks show, drink some more beer.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To show my love of America I blow up a small part of it.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually go to a past co-worker of mine whose neighbors set off at least 1K worth of fireworks. Tomorrow is my regular day at the local homeless shelter, so I may enjoy some fireworks with the guys.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we usually go on vacation from the 3rd to the 12th but are going away the end of summer this year. we are going to bbq and see fireworks like typical american trash.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm working.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know what 'usual' is, but this year I;m thinking a great deal about politics, and the various divergent and convergent views the Founders held.

~ H

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah, i've been thinking about how horrified they'd be by it all. and how horrified i am by it all.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched some of Ken Burns' doc on Thomas Jefferson today (I think it was made in the early 90s?). Got kind of boring to be honest. Read bits and pieces of John Dickinson's Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania. A very misguided Founder, but important nonetheless. Most of all I like to keep in mind the tremendous leap of faith taken to create this country and free it from a tyrannical power. I do not imagine that many people today have a proper appreciation of the sacrifice made during the Revolution and its concomitant events.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how will we accomplish this this time?

Originally Posted by Connemara
I watched some of Ken Burns' doc on Thomas Jefferson today (I think it was made in the early 90s?). Got kind of boring to be honest.

Read bits and pieces of John Dickinson's Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania. A very misguided Founder, but important nonetheless.

Most of all I like to keep in mind the tremendous leap of faith taken to create this country and free it from a tyrannical power. I do not imagine that many people today have a proper appreciation of the sacrifice made during the Revolution and its concomitant events.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I watched some of Ken Burns' doc on Thomas Jefferson today (I think it was made in the early 90s?). Got kind of boring to be honest.

I watched The Madness of King George and drank a Newcastle today.
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads