1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you talk to girls in the supermarket line?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by dusty, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Horace

Horace Senior member

Discuss what she is buying. Perhaps you can make a recommendation, e.g. if she is buying the freshly squeezed orange juice ask her if she's tried the orange-pineapple blend as it cuts down on the sweetness of the orange, producing a more balanced flavor profile.

Oh man....

2. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

Don't you just hate it when that happens, that has happen to me too.
    Me too [​IMG] . Mainly because I cant find the right moment to say something or it never comes. I hope its one of those things that come with time and failure [​IMG] . Btw it doesnt matter what you say as much as how you say it, your bodylanguage, voice tone and looks. All these count more to her image of you than what you say. So I guess saying "banana pancakes?" in a confident voice with ur bodylanguage showing ur calm and decent looks, she'll talk to you positively. ooh and smile! I read alot about these things, thats how I know but I rarely get into such situations and havent has much time to practise them. Plus I guess most high school girls aren't used to beeing approached by strangers which adds to her being shy and rejecting me just because she feels what I'm doing is strange and unusual. (happened to me before)

3. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

Discuss what she is buying. Perhaps you can make a recommendation, e.g. if she is buying the freshly squeezed orange juice ask her if she's tried the orange-pineapple blend as it cuts down on the sweetness of the orange, producing a more balanced flavor profile.
    That would be good. If you've got the confidence, analysing her by what shes buying would sweep her off her feet, especially if you're right for most of the things. Women love that stuff.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Plus I guess most high school girls aren't used to beeing approached by strangers which adds to her being shy and rejecting me just because she feels what I'm doing is strange and unusual. (happened to me before)
    In that case, please tell me you're in high school as well.

5. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

In that case, please tell me you're in high school as well.
    Yes I am (17). Should have mentioned that in the post sorry [​IMG] .

6. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I have said that I was just getting a few things to make dinner for someone just like you. It often gets a laugh and i go from there. If she doesn't go for it, oh well. Meeting girls is a numbers game. The more you talk to, the more chances you have. [​IMG]

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Meeting girls is a numbers game. The more you talk to, the more chances you have. [​IMG]

Not always. I have a friend who's technique is best described as "strafing the crowd." Not that effective, from what I've seen.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Not always. I have a friend who's technique is best described as "strafing the crowd." Not that effective, from what I've seen.

Best to try your luck with those who you make eye contact with, or smile at you, etc...

Jon.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

I talk with strangers in the checkout line at grocery stores all the time, whether they're cute or not. I figure it's good practice for all those cuties. Seriously, the more practice you have making idle chatter with strangers, the more relaxed you become and the better you become at picking up on things to say "in the moment". You'll also meet some nice, friendly people and you just might make a new friend.

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I am really glad I am not single anymore. All this is so stressful to me [​IMG]
    I never, ever did well with this stuff.

11. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

I talk with strangers in the checkout line at grocery stores all the time, whether they're cute or not. I figure it's good practice for all those cuties. Seriously, the more practice you have making idle chatter with strangers, the more relaxed you become and the better you become at picking up on things to say "in the moment". You'll also meet some nice, friendly people and you just might make a new friend.

Agree totally with this, and not just for checkout lines.

12. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I lived down the hall from this guy at university who chatted up every girl he came near at any time, this to the point that at parties people just started to beat him up at random. His most recent accomplishment of note is "Girls Gone Wild."

13. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Joe Francis? How ironic.

14. thinman

thinman Senior member

I lived down the hall from this guy at university who chatted up every girl he came near at any time, this to the point that at parties people just started to beat him up at random. His most recent accomplishment of note is "Girls Gone Wild."

My post was not intended to imply that you try to hit on anything that breathes. But if you chat with guys, elderly ladies, etc. then when you're in line next to a cutie, in addition to having some practice you just might have the mindset that she's a potential friend, not someone you *need* to impress, so you relax. You also internalize the feeling that it's not weird or unusual to speak with strangers and the cutie is no more likely to bite your head off than the grandmother you spoke with the last time (who might have a cute granddaughter, incidentally). It also helps to relax if you think of the conversation as testing her personality to see if it matches the exterior. After all, a woman who's easy on the eyes is nice, but one with a personality to match is really what you're shopping for.

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I usually just ask whether they want to have sex in the produce aisle.

16. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Joe Francis? How ironic.

What is ironic is I couldn't remember his name but you, apparently, know how to Google. Now, off to Kiton with you. And no brass buttons.

17. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Now that’s an idea! (unfortunately its Chuck Norris’s idea, so I’m afraid you're screwed) Jon.

18. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

It's the produce aisle....not the reproduce aisle.

19. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

this is truley truely frustrating isn't it. Edward Green shoes, Kiton suits, Borrelli shirts do not help when trying to have conversation with hot girls.

I mean if you are waiting in line for next available cashier, then you can make a situational comment like, did you ever notice there are some people who buys a pack of gum and pay with their VISA? It the worst at the airport variety store etc.. story goes on. She will crack. Then you eventually neg her by saying .. "you are not one of those people, aren't you?"

now... after she cashes her stuff out, approach her by saying, hey, have you ever tasted my knock your socks off chicken dish? She will say no. Then you will say, well it's a dish I made at the shake n bake constest. Then tell her to give her email address to you because you want to share your wonderful chicken dish recepie (spell). When she is writing her email, tell her to write phone numbers too.

20. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I don't think that story is any more likely to work on another human being than Shake'n'bake is to on anything.