• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you store your ties?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a bunch of different opinions on this subject, however i'm enlarging my closet and I'd like some ideas.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`ve been using a few of these for over 10 years (from Sharper Image)

si708gry_pip.jpg

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I moved in my new apartment, most of them are rolled up and stashed into a pillow case somewhere... Can't be bothered to sort them all again, I'll go dig up the one I need when I need it
wink.gif

!luc

royal618

Reaction score
How many does the motorised rack hold?

I've got several racks that I use. Nothing fancy.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I roll them up and store them inside a large flat box, with padding on the bottom, and some of those lightweight 'air bags' used for shipping on top.

I do the same on a drawer, don't use the padding... they took space on the closet and were allways in my way

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many does the motorised rack hold?
They are sold at Sharper Image...the website says they hold 72 ties.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i switched to rolling my ties as well and storing them in the shallow drawers of my dresser

i find that it works better than hanging them and you can pull out your drawers and see all your ties at once and pick what you want

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang mine on suit/coat hangers.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today they are all over my dresser but soon they'll be on a shirt hangar. Will buy a real rack when I get a few more

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang them on a rack except for the knits which I roll and keep in a drawer.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two of these and think it does the best job in the least amount of space. I prefer the ties be spaced on the rack rather than laying on top of each other like in the tie-shaped one. Also, it's made of cedar and holds 40 ties. I can think of better more elegant alternatives but they would require more space than I have available.

tiehangerkw0.jpg

http://www.woodlore.com/products_han...orage/tie.html

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also use the Woodlore 40-tie racks. I have two. The second is a little over halfway full. I may need to do a bit of judicious culling before I fill it completely. I find them very satisfactory.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I roll my ties up, laying each one on its side, on the bottom shelf of my armoire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads