• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you store your shoes?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Ive started to acquire more shooz than I have space in my closet, under my bed, corners of the den, mantle by the fireplace, etc. I need a way to store them, keep em together, and not crammed and piled together...I used to keep them all in their boxes, but thats just a pain **********. And as much as id love to have a dedicated room just for my foot warmers, it aint in the cards. So how do you store yours? Show some pics!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is becoming an issue for me as well. Right now they are all in the floor in my closet. I keep the pair that I am going to wear the next day in front of my full length mirror for the next day.

bullethead

Reaction score
in the bags, in the boxes, stacked on shelves and the floor of two closets. no more shoes for me.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use these stackable shelves made by closetmaid ($10 at walmart). I can keep 3 shoes on each row. Four of these will give you room for 30 shoes (with boots on top shelf) and they will fit nicely below your hanging shirts even in a 2' wide closet.
GB0IA.jpg

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
I use these stackable shelves made by closetmaid ($10 at walmart). I can keep 3 shoes on each row. Four of these will give you room for 30 shoes (with boots on top shelf) and they will fit nicely below your hanging shirts even in a 2' wide closet.

GB0IA.jpg

awesome. I thought about picking up some of these...but ive never heard from anyone that used them. This looks like my best option. because i KNOW im not gonna consider slowing down my shoe purchases.
wink.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under my bed, around the edges.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In cedar lined storage drawers under my platform bed

Nick Thomson

Reaction score
I've been using this over the door shoe hanger for years. It's nice to be able to see them all in one place.
It also keeps me from exceeding 12 pairs of shoes. It's made of breathable canvas and holds them all in their shoe trees without any issue. I picked mine up at Kmart.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
awesome. I thought about picking up some of these...but ive never heard from anyone that used them. This looks like my best option. because i KNOW im not gonna consider slowing down my shoe purchases.
wink.gif

go for it, i got one a while a while back, they are good. got mine at targhey

Originally Posted by TRINI
Under my bed, around the edges.

mine end up here when im too lazy to put em away properly. then my wife trips on them (size 12) and yells at me. then i sheepishly put them away

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around the edge of my closet on top of shoe boxes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the floor of my walk-in closet.
devil.gif

the jonathan

Reaction score
Bought one of those space saving new fangled under the bed things that as long as my mattress. I can fit like 15 pairs

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
On the floor of my walk-in closet.
devil.gif

i hate you

Originally Posted by krnxbab0
do shoe trees help a lot?

they are a necessity to keeping your shoes in shape long term, and prevent wrinkling. every shoe should, unless its airing out, have either a foot or a shoe tree in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics