• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you store your denim?

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
How do you guys store your denim? This goes for both the jeans you wear everyday, and the ones you put aside for special occasions. I've had major paranoia about this since i need to air them every night to stop them from smelling (i'm in the tropics where people perspire easily and things smell bad quickly), but i'm afraid that turning my jeans inside out will ruin the creases and/or create new creases in funny places, and a whole variety of other worries...

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're dry (i.e., not being washed), I hang 'em on the fence to air out, if needs be. Otherwise, I just toss them on the floor or stick them in a drawer.

What "other worries" man? I seriously doubt that you're going to create any creases that wont be reconfigured, if you will, by wearing, not that such creases would really be an issue. I always thought the point of jeans was to beat the hell out of them...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. They're jeans. Wear them. When you are not wearing them, they'll survive lying on the floor just fine.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I throw mine all over the damn place. They are jeans.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pile on the floor, same as my other clothes.

stach

Reaction score
When my jeans are not on the floor or over a chair, they tend to hang in my closet with clip hangers.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StevenRocks
I store mine on a shelf in my closet.
thats how I do it

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Agreed. They're jeans. Wear them. When you are not wearing them, they'll survive lying on the floor just fine.

I hear you man. I just ran home in the rain in my APCs.
devil.gif

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They hang on my computer desk chair, sometime bunched up on the couch... The ones I "store" are folded in three on a shelf.

!luc

Sevcom

Reaction score
Temperature- and humidity-controlled Lucite display cases. Wouldn't want to degrade the indigo when I'm not wearing them, of course.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I hate the wear that comes with using clipped hangers. I'll take horizontal creases gladly over fabric damage.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sevcom
Temperature- and humidity-controlled Lucite display cases. Wouldn't want to degrade the indigo when I'm not wearing them, of course.
Yeah, but what about oxidation? You don't use a noble gas atmosphere? Come on!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hang them by the belt loops.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Wow it's amazing what some fatigue will do to you--my jeans are just sitting on the floor moping right now, because i'm so tired from walking all over today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads