1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

How do you store your denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tweedlesinpink, Mar 18, 2006.

1. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

How do you guys store your denim? This goes for both the jeans you wear everyday, and the ones you put aside for special occasions. I've had major paranoia about this since i need to air them every night to stop them from smelling (i'm in the tropics where people perspire easily and things smell bad quickly), but i'm afraid that turning my jeans inside out will ruin the creases and/or create new creases in funny places, and a whole variety of other worries...

2. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

If they're dry (i.e., not being washed), I hang 'em on the fence to air out, if needs be. Otherwise, I just toss them on the floor or stick them in a drawer.

What "other worries" man? I seriously doubt that you're going to create any creases that wont be reconfigured, if you will, by wearing, not that such creases would really be an issue. I always thought the point of jeans was to beat the hell out of them...

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Agreed. They're jeans. Wear them. When you are not wearing them, they'll survive lying on the floor just fine.

4. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Well-Known Member

I store mine on a shelf in my closet.

5. j

j Well-Known Member

I throw mine all over the damn place. They are jeans.

6. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Pile on the floor, same as my other clothes.

7. stach

stach Well-Known Member

When my jeans are not on the floor or over a chair, they tend to hang in my closet with clip hangers.

8. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

I store mine on a shelf in my closet.
    thats how I do it

9. tweedlesinpink

Agreed. They're jeans. Wear them. When you are not wearing them, they'll survive lying on the floor just fine.

I hear you man. I just ran home in the rain in my APCs. [​IMG]

10. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

They hang on my computer desk chair, sometime bunched up on the couch... The ones I "store" are folded in three on a shelf.

!luc

11. Sevcom

Sevcom Well-Known Member

Temperature- and humidity-controlled Lucite display cases. Wouldn't want to degrade the indigo when I'm not wearing them, of course.

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hate the wear that comes with using clipped hangers. I'll take horizontal creases gladly over fabric damage.

13. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Temperature- and humidity-controlled Lucite display cases. Wouldn't want to degrade the indigo when I'm not wearing them, of course.
    Yeah, but what about oxidation? You don't use a noble gas atmosphere? Come on!

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I hang them by the belt loops.

15. tweedlesinpink

Wow it's amazing what some fatigue will do to you--my jeans are just sitting on the floor moping right now, because i'm so tired from walking all over today.

16. Sevcom

Sevcom Well-Known Member

Yeah, but what about oxidation? You don't use a noble gas atmosphere? Come on!

That'd be too fussy.

17. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

I fold in half, then in thirds and stack them on my shelf next to my folded sweaters. I gave up hanging them after my dress pants took over the closet.

18. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I have a custom designed floor-to-ceiling maple and glass cabinet with a hermetically sealing door. There are inlaid pot lights throughout the unit to highlight the unique honeycomb and fading of each jean. Each time a pair of jeans is replaced on a shelf a gentle spritz of Creed's Baie De Genievre Cologne ensconces the pants (thus hiding the oft-mentioned "selvedge stink"). I've been thinking about having the back of unit etched with inspiring phrases in Sanskrit but have not made a final decision yet.

A.

P.S.>Please, no questions about the security system...

19. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

20. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

I do it the same way I store all my non-suit pants; hanging from their cuffs on wooden hangers. I like Ikea's because they're as good as any other pants hanger but cost under a dollar.