• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you specify suit trouser options at BB website?

PeterEliot

Reaction score
BB stores in Seoul aren't carrying the corduroy suit I'm after, so I have to order from the US website. Their trouser size options are kind of confusing, so help me out please. I've sent an inquiry to BB too, but in the past their replies weren't always as precise as I would have liked...

This is the webpage: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...uct_Id=1476811 It only lists the jacket size. Clicking "Alterations" will open the trouser size options.

(1) Say my measurements are 30.5" waist and 31.5" inseam. I want cuffs, but I'd rather have my own alteration shop do it to get the inseam length exactly right. So what I want is 30.5" waist with an unfinished hem long enough to add thick cuffs and still have 31.5" inseam left. How should I fill out the form for this?

(2) "Take in an inch" = "subtract an inch," right?

Thank you.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterEliot
(1) Say my measurements are 30.5" waist and 31.5" inseam. I want cuffs, but I'd rather have my own alteration shop do it to get the inseam length exactly right. So what I want is 30.5" waist with an unfinished hem long enough to add thick cuffs and still have 31.5" inseam left. How should I fill out the form for this?

Under the hemming options there is 'unfinished', I would assume that if you choose this then the hem will be left unfinished and you can just leave the 'inseam' box empty.

Originally Posted by PeterEliot
(2) "Take in an inch" = "subtract an inch," right?

Yes. "Take in" = Make smaller. "Take out"/"Let out" = Make larger.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.