1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by IIIrd Icon, Jan 29, 2010.

1. iwantobelieve

iwantobelieve Active Member

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

@IIIrd Icon - I just need to say that your denim is consistently some of the best stuff on this forum. I've even taken to your advice of a light starch over the combs after soaking - hoping that I get some similar results. Anyways - carry on dude. My admittedly noob 501's. I've been doing a brief "denim experiment" this summer upon discovering the forum and wanted to give some cheap raws a shot in order to understand the process more before splurging for something expensive. Fading isn't super impressive yet, but they've only been worn for about 1.5 months. If anything, the photos wash out the denim. Still darker in real life. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] When does one typically start noticing those sorts of "high contrast" differences in the indigo? What is the usual timeframe? Edit: _______________ Fit pics actually coming soon. Spaced it and just used images already up on my blog.

3. connor

connor Senior member

if you want some stuff thats gonna fade more you should pick up a cheap pair of APCs or somethin.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

if you want some stuff thats gonna fade more you should pick up a cheap pair of APCs or somethin.

Yeah, for sure. I've read a fair share on the forums since starting this pair, but didn't want to throw away 35 bucks. I'm lining up my denim queue.

5. mattt

mattt Senior member

You're not really gonna get high contrast fades out of those.

6. Peon

Peon Well-Known Member

Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501 XX W34 L34 [​IMG] [​IMG] Guess ill return them and size up. you guys got any ideas? W34 waist size is 88cm W36 waist size is 92cm W38 waist size is 96cm Which one should i pick? i was thinking about getting the W38 get a hot soak in my shower and wear them to shrink to fit while outside for an hour.

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea the 501 STFs don't really get high contrast fades. I had a pair that I wore everyday for 5 months before washing and they barely got any fades. The wallet was the most noticable.

8. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] First day in my APC NS. Very pleased with the length! wont be wearing them a lot this week though Update in maybe 3 weeks !

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit : same as PBJ 005/007__ 'cept the for the slightly tapered hem :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's a fit pix of 701s with the newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" concept/version.

[​IMG]
    the denim is still stiff & starchy even after the double hot soak__ will take a few days for it to adopt to my contours.

[​IMG]
    low-profile "stealth" acrylic stripes

10. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

That is a beautiful pair of jeans.

11. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501 XX

Guess ill return them and size up.
    you guys got any ideas?

Which one should i pick? i was thinking about getting the W38 get a hot soak in my shower and wear them to shrink to fit while outside for an hour.

I think the ones you have one look pretty decent.

12. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

CrateXFarinelli's

Are those TTS?

13. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

height= 5'11" :: weight= 180 lbs approx. :: jeans size= W33x32, 33-34 w/cuff

Fullcount x BiG x SuFu= FC 1108C :: 15oz Zimbabwe :: size -1 @W32
    [​IMG]
    @9 mos x 3 cold washes :: current measurements : w= 34, ins= 34, f/r= 11, b/r= 14.5, u/t= 11.75, kn= 8.5, l/o= 8

FC 1108C : 1) RAW --> post soak fits :: 2) 2 mos x 2 soaks x no wash :: 3) 3 mos x 3 soaks X no wash :: 4) 5 mos x 1 coldwash :: 5) after 4th wash x 9.5 mos :: 6) before 5th wash x 11 mos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5th wash @11mos+20days
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE: 1.5 y/o :: 01 SEP__ double washed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    Momotaro X Context Grand Indigo Selvage 0701MCXX W32 My H:5.9", My W:175lbs No soaks or wash [​IMG] Sorry for the bad photo.​

15. PhunGar

PhunGar Well-Known Member

3rd icon those look amazing as can't wait for mine to look like those [​IMG] [​IMG] in its relativly early stages i think its a week after i got them? its up to its 3rd ish week now FLat head f310 the more i wear them the more i love them really.

16. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Nice TFH!
    So many people at the University? What's going on?

17. PhunGar

Nice TFH!
    So many people at the University? What's going on?

thanks man, um graduation Lol mid sem i was liek draggged sigh..... waste of time .

18. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Emily you're a fuckong whore.

19. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

3rd icon those look amazing as
    can't wait for mine to look like those

in its relativly early stages i think its a week after i got them? its up to its 3rd ish week now... FLat head f310 the more i wear them the more i love them really.

tnx. water is your friend__ don't be afraid to warm soak 'em when needed. it helps cure/temper/reset the denim & threads without losing too much indigo [if that is what you want].

i know "starching" is blasphemous in certain circles cuz some say it's "cheating". i say it's "props" [of the trade]__ like Preparation H to a hang-overed model, lulz!

anyways, i never claim to be a denim purist. a spritz of [heavy] starch on the laps/whiskers & combs areas while damp [not dripping wet] will keep the creases perked up & edges prone to ataris. as the saying goes__ "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".

20. PhunGar

quick quesiton then how do you when to soak them?