• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
Terrible thigh flare. ewwww

Looks like quality of denim is good and all but still. Godawful fit.

WHo gives a toss what you think? Is there some sanctioned fit to which everyone must conform? And will that change a couple of years down the line when styles change? Do tell, I'm very interested in the mechanics of group-think.

By all means post your own fits if you think they're irrefutably the paragon of style, I would love to see.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
DSC02355.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

i really like these a lot, wow!

KenAF

Reaction score
To each their own my friend...
fight[1].gif

I wouldn't be caught dead in skinny fits, but that's just me - I think I'm too old to pull that off. Keep in mind that Roy denim is shrink to fit, and the jeans will mould to the wearer over time - of course there will be flare in the thighs on a pair of traditional straights right after soaking for the first time, the denim is rigid and the shrinkage not complete, you really won't know how an unsanforised pair of jeans will drape and fit until a bit later on.

The fit of a pair of jeans is a very personal preference anyway, what works for you might not appeal to me - this is not hard to understand, hey?

I think those jeans fit you pretty well. Not as nice as this fit, but better than other posts I've seen.

Add me to the list of folks that wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of skinny jeans. I associate such jeans with boys and young men in their mid to late teens. IMO, they are not appropriate on most men in their mid 20s, much less those in their late 20s or 30s. The same went for baggy jeans a decade ago.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
WHo gives a toss what you think? Is there some sanctioned fit to which everyone must conform? And will that change a couple of years down the line when styles change? Do tell, I'm very interested in the mechanics of group-think. By all means post your own fits if you think they're irrefutably the paragon of style, I would love to see.
I do not follow the "group-think" of Styleforum as I am too inexperienced as a poster/lurker to know how to be a complete sheep on the forum. I do know that thigh flare as shown in that picture is not very flattering for a man and gives the illusion of a more effeminate silhouette as it is women who have wider thighs and hips. I also have to say that the quality of jean construction and Cone Mill's denim looks terrific and perhaps could speak for themselves. I just believe that the fit is broken. I mean at first I thought this was like a pre-soak picture. This is simply my personal opinion, you may think otherwise.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
the "how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description" thread was intented to showcase freestyle & self-expression__ individuals rocking their jeans the way they want to & should not really be critiqued like WAYWT. also, the other idea was to try to make it an SF quick denim reference bank/catalogue.
just thought to xpost [this^] to reminder readers, as well as prospective contributors, that thread intention was to document__ also, not to limit the scope to "group-think" or Styleforum-sanctioned fits only.

rbny

Reaction score
My little blurb on soaking:
http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/20...our-raw-denim/

Thanks for posting this as well as your blog on Roy jeans. I'm going to by a pair (after I figure what size to get) and hope that it works for me. I too am not the skinny jean type. Especially with 33.5-34 inch waist; 25 inch upper thighs and a full seat. The two pairs I have which seem to be working for me now that they've broken in and stretched are the SC 2009 one wash in size 34W and Warehouse 800 one wash also in a size 34W. I just need to wear a belt since the waist on both (especially the Warehouse) are too big but fits great everywhere else.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ibxAbl.jpg
Weird guys @ 2 weeks, tts sagged. Weird crotch thing going.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'47 based repro:

SDA :: D 1334 :: 14oz Hand Dyed Natural Indigo :: sized up @34 [intentionally, for a looser + slouched fit :: can be worn @TTS or -1 for slmmer fit]. the cut is slimmer [on the legs] than the production 101's. the denim is dark&soft and has "give"__ would certainly warrant a size down for a much slimmer & lower profile [lower-rised] fit.
D1334fit.jpg

current measurements : w= 35, ins= 32, f/r= 10.5, b/r= 15.5, u/t= 12.5, kn= 9, l/o= 8.5

3mos later:

D1334ortho.jpg

D1334ware.jpg

D1334yoke.jpg

D1334arcs.jpg

d1334grass.jpg

d1334Bungert2.jpg

d1334whiskerz.jpg

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fresh out de box NS sz 30 (down 2). had to suck it in to get the top button closed and had to hike them up to do it.
IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You're not giving your boys much breathing room!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blog+Photo+Drop+013.JPG
Selvage Levi's 514s. 34/34. Still trying to determine whether sanforized or not (any help would be appreciated). Until then they're not going near water. Wear of about 2 months on them, pretty much every day, but still not a lot of results yet.
Blog+Photo+Drop+014.JPG
Same denim, but image is a bit lighter. Actual color is closer to the darker shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads