1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by IIIrd Icon, Jan 29, 2010.

1. 2Scoops

2Scoops Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (From L to R) APC NS 3 years 1 hand wash recently, APC Rescue 2 and a bit 1 hand wash recently, APC NS 1 month.

The Rescues were worn not as often.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Love the way that Nudie RR fit on you. Did you size down on that pair?

Thanks. I'd say I sized down three, in that if I wrap a measuring tape around my waist, I get around 31", but these are waist size 28. That said, I've never found a pair of jeans where I actually wear a waist size 31. My Samurai S710XX, SEXSC06, and Ande Whall jeans, all of which are supposedly true to size, are all waist size 30. So from that perspective, I sized down two.

Hope you weren't expecting a clear answer. [​IMG]

3. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'd say I sized down three, in that if I wrap a measuring tape around my waist, I get around 31", but these are waist size 28. That said, I've never found a pair of jeans where I actually wear a waist size 31. My Samurai S710XX, SEXSC06, and Ande Whall jeans, all of which are supposedly true to size, are all waist size 30. So from that perspective, I sized down two.

Hope you weren't expecting a clear answer. [​IMG]

After you've mentioned them you should post pics of them. Its etiquette...

4. notwithit

^ I already posted some (terrible) pics of the Ande Whalls in this thread. I'll see about getting some decent (outdoor) pics of the Sams and SCs this weekend.

5. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

Crosspost from mynudies.com/ Sufu. IIIrd Icon asked me to do it. The fits are not perfect but you get the idea

6. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

^ um...[​IMG]

thanks. excellent examples.

7. Melo

Melo Senior member

^^I am 6'1" 180lbs your guide is super useful. Will keep it for future reference, thanks!

8. Islander

Islander Senior member

^ That's awesome. Love the cuff/no cuff examples [​IMG]

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

[​IMG] tnx, FrEaK! that fit photos will be very helpful for folks here. you should visit once in awhile & post your other "wears" [​IMG]

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

.... & the saga continues: 1.5 yrs :: still no wash :: 5 warm soaks :: approx. 6mos effective wear

they're my "filler" jeans__ meaning, worn on & off__ mostly to relieve my main rotation jeans, so they pretty much had the sedentary part of the rotation cycle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    fried the leather patch on initial hot soak__ had to resuscitate w/tons of conditioning + stitch up crumbllng edge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update #2: after 1st wash__ double washed cold.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. notwithit

Not thrilled about following a IIIrd Icon post, but oh well. Samurai S710XX 19 oz, size 30. I'm 6'1", 162 lbs last I checked, and I'd say my "true" waist is more like a 31 than a 30, but I can never tell with these things. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I'm undecided on the cuffs v. stacks concept. Input is appreciated. Edit: Sams are lot 13, with stealth arcs and a red tab. Also, I'm not entirely sure why the side shot ended up a different size.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Xpost from the APC threak [​IMG] Excited about the NCs. NSs are coming along nicely, but were washed too much and don't fit as well in the lower block IMO. Being relegated to errand/work status

13. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

FrEaK + notwithit + the kid:
    solid last page__ great fit y'all!

@notwithit, since 710s are an inch higher in rise, they sit higher up on the waist__ allowing the W30 to fit you just right. soak cold, if you have to, but don't even think of hot/warm soaking @this point__ save yourself some grief [​IMG]

14. notwithit

^ I already gave them two hour-long hot soaks right after purchasing, and I've worn them maybe ten times total. I was only expressing my confusion over the question of true waist size.

15. notwithit

SEXSC06 size 30: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Edit: Huh, this time the second two are all Gigantor. I was trying to get 'em all the same size as the first, which is a bit more manageable. Ah well, you get the idea.