Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by IIIrd Icon, Jan 29, 2010.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

***Xposted:

'talk about natural indigo jeans having reputation for retaining their color, these mofo doggedly latch on to their indigo like a pitbull. 1.5y/o = 8mos [approx effective wear] = x8 soaks = n0 wash.

it's prolly how the yarns were weaved so tight together__ every after soak, the damn jeans seem to reset back to almost new conditi[​IMG]n__ like having bigtime focus/attention disorder, lulz. but, i'm not complaining. it means that i'm getting my money's worth. all i know is that, everytime i put them on, i'm banking ataris [a few strikes @ a time]__ payback is when i decide to wash.... muuuahahaha!

***shots taken w/available light @ISO 800 except for the last frame [w/c was taken w/flash].
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

^ dude you have some great jeans and your just about my size which is very helpful because i am interested in some of the cuts you have. thanks. [​IMG]

3. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^great! tnx. 'exactly what this thread is all about__ sharing experiences [​IMG]

4. kinetic

kinetic Senior member

Just put on my AB Fits 1197s for the first time.These are jeans that AB Fits had made in SF from exclusive White Oak Cone selvedge.

Kinda love these. Maybe wish I went with the slim fit 1196 but really it's not much of a difference in taper so I guess I'll live. I love the material and the details. The orange stitching might be loud for some, but I dig it ;p It has a bit of a sheen that is damn glorious and I love the hardware.

Some pics and a link to description.

Full length shots are of the 1196 but they are pretty similar and there aren't pics of the 1197.

Picked up a pair of the 1196s last week and I love them. Awesome fit and as you said, the hardware is great. I like the pop of the orange stitching. Can't wait to see how they break in and fade.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Nice [​IMG] Go Team AB Fits. Kinda wish I had the 1196's myself but 1197s probably make more sense for my body type. This is my latest jean acquisition. Raleigh Denim's collab with Barneys Co-op for their 25th anniversary. Picked up a pair of the normal anniversary jeans and a pair of the super anniversary ones (Yes my bank account is mega tapped out), but have been fiending for these since I've heard about them. The super anniversary is getting mailed, but already very happy with the normal pair. The denim is quite denim as promised. http://payolacollective.com/2010/09/...raleigh-denim/

6. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

Sam S5000VX 17oz. 2 weeks
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Nudie Regular Alf Dry Red Selvage size 28 x 36

(super-awkward first pose)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're ok; not as good as my Samurai S710XXs or SEXSC06s, but I wouldn't expect them to be. On the plus side, these fit over cowboy boots. On the minus side, the button stance leads to some weird gapping.

8. eddiecibrian

eddiecibrian Senior member

i cant stand it when you fold it up on the bottom, why do people do that? is that in right now?

9. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

It prevents the hem from flaring out, happens a lot with straight legs. It's been in for a couple decades at least.
    Amazing fit on those Nudies by the way.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

i cant stand it when you fold it up on the bottom, why do people do that? is that in right now?
    Duh. Here's something from the Levi's Fall 2009 lookbook: [​IMG]

11. eddiecibrian

i think it makes the jeans looks stiff and uncomfortable, i think it kinda looks like you have socks showing, from afar, but this is just my 2 cents

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Stiff? Uncomfortable? I'm not sure how a cuff affects the drape of the jeans at all.

To each his own, but it's as much about style as it is function.

13. eddiecibrian

i meant, the key word being "looks", didnt say anything about the actual functionality or feel

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Amazing fit on those Nudies by the way.

Thanks!

Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it right now. Best keep up!

For real, though:

- Jeans with a wider leg opening usually don't stack very well, so the extra length often looks better cuffed.

- Cuffs break up the length of the legs and add some contrast and bulk, which can make you look more balanced from top to bottom.

- I readily admit that it's a gauche display of perceived luxury, since it shows off the selvage outseam and the chainstitching at the hem.

- At 6'1", I really like it when jeans have a little extra length to them. I have a hard time finding mass-market jeans that fit me, what with vanity sizing and the higher supply and demand for larger sizes (overweight population + tendency for guys to wear jeans oversized because it's somehow more masculine to do so). These are 28 x 36 (sup, vanity sizing?), and while the extra couple of inches are ostensibly excessive, they're excessive in a way that I like.

15. eshiku

eshiku Member

Love the way that Nudie RR fit on you. Did you size down on that pair?