• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

hangten

Reaction score
Sugarcane Okinawa

5236a63a.jpg

hangten

Reaction score
yep, belstaff panther in blackbrown.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skolatchi
Morgan - was looking at your original post back in Feb and I noticed you sized up on your Eternals (33) relative to everything else (30-32). What was your reason for doing that? Your alterations turned out well but I was wondering how you would have sized them in hindsight.

I'm thinking of getting 811's to work into a rotation as a slim fit somewhere between Dior (TTS, not skinny) and Momotaro 0201 (straight cut). The thigh measurement of the 0701 leads me to think it would be too tight, whereas the measurements of the 811 seem about right. Any thoughts? (IIIrd I'm looking at you too...)

sorry. i just got back from vacation. after a couple of weeks with the Momo 701s, i can safely say that if you are looking for a "comfort" fit, SU1 [which i did from a normal W33 to 34]. but, if you're planning fora slimmer fit, TTS.

as for the 811s, i suggest gettting the raw version @TTS, so that you'll have some [waist] room to work with. initially, cold soak for an hour, then hang dry. wear them a couple of days, then a 2nd [partial] hot soak below the top block to furhter stabilize/shrink the fabric without affecting the waistband. there will be shrinkage left, but the denim would have broken in [ei., softer & more pliable] by the time it hits water for it's 1st regular wash.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
sorry. i just got back from vacation. after a couple of weeks with the Momo 701s, i can safely say that if you are looking for a "comfort" fit, SU1 [which i did from a normal W33 to 34]. but, if you're planning fora slimmer fit, TTS.

as for the 811s, i suggest gettting the raw version @TTS, so that you'll have some [waist] room to work with. initially, cold soak for an hour, then hang dry. wear them a couple of days, then a 2nd [partial] hot soak below the top block to furhter stabilize/shrink the fabric without affecting the waistband. there will be shrinkage left, but the denim would have broken in [ei., softer & more pliable] by the time it hits water for it's 1st regular wash.

Thanks for the feedback IIIrd. I talked to BIG and apparently the Eternal 811s shrink a LOT in the inseam with the first hot soak, with the raws going from 39.25 to 36". This is consistent with the 811 O/W inseam measurement of 36". Since I want to maintain at least 37" of inseam they suggested the 0701 or Samurai S710XX which like Momotaro starts at 39.5" raw and is said to shrink only 1-2". Maybe raw Samurai/Momotaro are partly sanforized and Eternals are not?

Anyways, the S710XX seems to fit into that slight-taper-but-not-tight sweet spot between 0201s and Dior, so I'm looking closely at them now. I'm going to pass on the Eternals. I'm also pretty convinced that the 0701s will be too snug in the thighs TTS, and I'm not wiling to size up since I would be forced to go +2.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ande Whall Grifters, sulfur-dyed black, 30 x 36. Thighs are so slim I'm not even sure I should be wearing them in public, but the waist has stretched to the point where it's actually too big right now (which leads to some unpleasant bunching/sagging around my non-existent posterior).
AWMTfront.jpg
AWMTside.jpg
AWMTback.jpg

Also undecided on cuffs v. stacks at this point. I'll try to add pictures of my Samurai S710XXs (30), SExSC06s (30), and Nudie RADSs (28) at some point as well.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ Nice, I especially like the honeycombs in the first one! Although your face looks kind of spiral-y in the last two.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skolatchi
... Anyways, the S710XX seems to fit into that slight-taper-but-not-tight sweet spot between 0201s and Dior, so I'm looking closely at them now. I'm going to pass on the Eternals. I'm also pretty convinced that the 0701s will be too snug in the thighs TTS, and I'm not wiling to size up since I would be forced to go +2.
'did another double soak since i got back from London. the waist has stretched out to 34, even after x2 soaks__ w/c btw measured after a couple of hours wearing them ** [measurement compared to previous soaks Xposted below]

w= 34, ins= 32.75, f/rise= 9.75, b/rise= 14.5, u/t= 12.25 kne= 9, l/o= 8.25

*** u/t measured 1 inch below crotch, imo is more accurate= 11.75
],

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit : same as PBJ 005/007__ 'cept the for the slightly tapered hem :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Ande Whall Grifters, sulfur-dyed black, 30 x 36. Thighs are so slim I'm not even sure I should be wearing them in public, but the waist has stretched to the point where it's actually too big right now (which leads to some unpleasant bunching/sagging around my non-existent posterior).
Also undecided on cuffs v. stacks at this point. I'll try to add pictures of my Samurai S710XXs (30), SExSC06s (30), and Nudie RADSs (28) at some point as well.

need to sag them a bit but otherwise great fit. don't hem. the stacking works, imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads