how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by IIIrd Icon, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

great fit Morgan. How much did you pay for the alterations? and how did you go about ensuring that you got such a perfect fit? cheers.

2. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I can't recall exactly but it was about $75 total. It was actually a two-step process - I had them take in the seat and thighs first (~$40), just to see if it was going to work. This was the critical area, so if it didn't work I wasn't going to spend extra to have the whole leg tailored down to the hem. Once I got them back and they fit well through the seat and thigh, I brought them back to get narrowed from the knee to the hem (~$35).

I brought in my pair of perfectly broken-in APCs (tagged 30w) for reference so the tailor understood what I considered a well-fitted pair, and I specified the width I wanted at the knee and hem. I probably didn't need to, though - the tailor(s) at Denim Revival are just really, really good. I mean, this is literally all they do. I understand they do at least part of their repair business through the mail, since people from all over will send them destroyed jeans for reweaving or reinforcement.

3. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

I originally posted these jeans on page 3 of this thread, but I finally got my Eternal 811 one-wash jeans altered at Denim Revival here in LA. I'm pretty pleased with the result - what do you guys think?
    i'm glad the risk paid off for you. that's quite an improvement.

811s' got great denim & the only reason i stayed away is the terrible hip flare [ei, on my body type]... & having [any jeans] altered is just not my thing. i know they're doing a straight out 811 cut reproduction for the BiG x 811 contest pairs, but i'll def check/compare if they've tweaked the top block [when they drop this Sep].

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Damn Morgan that is a marked improvement. I took a similar gamble w/my APCs and a local tailor (just a leg taper, $15 [​IMG] ) and that paid off nicely. I think having a pair of reference fit jeans is key, as I did (I had them mimic some PSs from mid thigh down). Only fear is how alterations will affect fades... but if you get them done early enough on jeans that don't stretch much it should be fine.

How long did it take?

5. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

@IIIrd Icon - Yeah, the top block on the 811s is pretty bad unless you have a very fat or muscular ass and thighs. As it was, I just looked like I was wearing a diaper. The denim is so beautiful, though - deep purple-blue and really hairy - that I had to try to salvage these.

@Cool the Kid - each alteration took about a week. The jeans had only one hot soak and no washes so the fades, such as they are, hadn't really set in yet. The only fading was right on the fly, which was abraded by the bricks used to build the garden wall seen in the background of the "before" photos (I had to carry all hundred or so around the side of the house). The jeans were so loose prior to tailoring that I wasn't getting defined creases anywhere. Especially the back-of-the-knee combs, which just weren't happening until I had the legs slimmed.

6. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Very pleased with the length ! Thightnes is ok, will fit great i reckon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Still a little to thight around the Thighs and buttcheeks still feel a bit pushed together, but the regular wearing and use starting now will even that out prob. until now only been wearing it around the house. and sometimes to the supermarket.

7. hangten

hangten Senior member

More of an evolution pic but here are my samurai 510 19oz. I wore these for about 9 months with 4 machine washes and 2 times in the dryer. I just sent them to denimtheraphy to get some holes fixed and crotch reinforced.

[​IMG]

8. PhunGar

PhunGar Well-Known Member

Went for coffee today with my friend i dunno what happend to my shirt it like decided to shrivel inside >.< [​IMG] [​IMG] they are breaking in nicely slowly thou [​IMG]

9. yamete

yamete Senior member

10. Islander

Islander Senior member

Morgan - was looking at your original post back in Feb and I noticed you sized up on your Eternals (33) relative to everything else (30-32). What was your reason for doing that? Your alterations turned out well but I was wondering how you would have sized them in hindsight.

I'm thinking of getting 811's to work into a rotation as a slim fit somewhere between Dior (TTS, not skinny) and Momotaro 0201 (straight cut). The thigh measurement of the 0701 leads me to think it would be too tight, whereas the measurements of the 811 seem about right. Any thoughts? (IIIrd I'm looking at you too...)

11. PhunGar

PhunGar Well-Known Member

what r those? like u hair

haha thanks they are a pair of flatheads f310s
    taking their sweet as time thou i thought they would fade faster but apparently not. [​IMG]

12. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

skolatchi, I sized up on the Eternals because 33 was the absolute smallest size I could get into while trying them on. They are the 811 one-wash, which measure one inch smaller than tagged when right off the shelf. I could not button up the size 32, which measures 31 (I typically wear a size 32 tagged pants that measure out to 33). Of course they stretched out like crazy within a couple wears.

Knowing what I know now, I would have bought the 32s and worn them half-buttoned around the house till they stretched. Your decision will depend on your tolerance for absurd denim-related practices, and whether you have roommates who will question your mental health.

13. Islander

Islander Senior member

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I am used to jeans stretching out like crazy but I took a leap of faith on the Momotaros and bought them assuming little to no stretch (a good assumption, they fit great). So if I go with the Eternal 811 I will buy TTS, expect them shrink at least an inch after a soak, then stretch back to (at least) the tagged size.

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Just put on my AB Fits 1197s for the first time.These are jeans that AB Fits had made in SF from exclusive White Oak Cone selvedge. Kinda love these. Maybe wish I went with the slim fit 1196 but really it's not much of a difference in taper so I guess I'll live. I love the material and the details. The orange stitching might be loud for some, but I dig it ;p It has a bit of a sheen that is damn glorious and I love the hardware. Some pics and a link to description. Full length shots are of the 1196 but they are pretty similar and there aren't pics of the 1197. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] http://abfits.com/fittalk/2010/09/ab...ots-1196-1197/

15. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Nice Jeans, but you had them hemmed, didn't you [​IMG]