• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Peon

Reaction score
Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501 XX W34 L34
Photo0349.jpg
Photo0352.jpg
Guess ill return them and size up. you guys got any ideas? W34 waist size is 88cm W36 waist size is 92cm W38 waist size is 96cm Which one should i pick? i was thinking about getting the W38 get a hot soak in my shower and wear them to shrink to fit while outside for an hour.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the 501 STFs don't really get high contrast fades. I had a pair that I wore everyday for 5 months before washing and they barely got any fades. The wallet was the most noticable.

Conundrum

Reaction score
apc1k.jpg
apc2.jpg
First day in my APC NS. Very pleased with the length! wont be wearing them a lot this week though Update in maybe 3 weeks !

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit : same as PBJ 005/007__ 'cept the for the slightly tapered hem :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

momop.jpg

momo701.jpg

momobtn.jpg

momorvt.jpg

momocrotch.jpg

momosh.jpg

momoloop.jpg

here's a fit pix of 701s with the newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" concept/version.

momofit.jpg

the denim is still stiff & starchy even after the double hot soak__ will take a few days for it to adopt to my contours.

momogtb2.jpg

low-profile "stealth" acrylic stripes

captmomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peon
Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501 XX

Guess ill return them and size up.
you guys got any ideas?

Which one should i pick? i was thinking about getting the W38 get a hot soak in my shower and wear them to shrink to fit while outside for an hour.

I think the ones you have one look pretty decent.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
height= 5'11" :: weight= 180 lbs approx. :: jeans size= W33x32, 33-34 w/cuff

Fullcount x BiG x SuFu= FC 1108C :: 15oz Zimbabwe :: size -1 @W32
FCx3rdWshFit.jpg

@9 mos x 3 cold washes :: current measurements : w= 34, ins= 34, f/r= 11, b/r= 14.5, u/t= 11.75, kn= 8.5, l/o= 8

FC 1108C : 1) RAW --> post soak fits :: 2) 2 mos x 2 soaks x no wash :: 3) 3 mos x 3 soaks X no wash :: 4) 5 mos x 1 coldwash :: 5) after 4th wash x 9.5 mos :: 6) before 5th wash x 11 mos
FCfit1.jpg

FC-fb4mo.jpg

FCfit2.jpg

FCx4thFBx.jpg

5th wash @11mos+20days
FCorthoFIN.jpg

FCOniFIT.jpg

FCIndyORD.jpg

UPDATE: 1.5 y/o :: 01 SEP__ double washed

fcfx6w.jpg

fcbx6w.jpg

fcwhskrx6w.jpg

fcbpx6w.jpg

fcbtnx6w.jpg

PhunGar

Reaction score
3rd icon those look amazing as can't wait for mine to look like those
45463_482995328968_507603968_6608589_2407968_n.jpg
46418482994683968507603.jpg
in its relativly early stages i think its a week after i got them? its up to its 3rd ish week now FLat head f310 the more i wear them the more i love them really.

PhunGar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
Nice TFH!
So many people at the University? What's going on?

thanks man, um graduation Lol mid sem i was liek draggged sigh..... waste of time .

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhunGar
3rd icon those look amazing as
can't wait for mine to look like those

in its relativly early stages i think its a week after i got them? its up to its 3rd ish week now... FLat head f310 the more i wear them the more i love them really.

tnx. water is your friend__ don't be afraid to warm soak 'em when needed. it helps cure/temper/reset the denim & threads without losing too much indigo [if that is what you want].

i know "starching" is blasphemous in certain circles cuz some say it's "cheating". i say it's "props" [of the trade]__ like Preparation H to a hang-overed model, lulz!

anyways, i never claim to be a denim purist. a spritz of [heavy] starch on the laps/whiskers & combs areas while damp [not dripping wet] will keep the creases perked up & edges prone to ataris. as the saying goes__ "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".

PhunGar

Reaction score
quick quesiton then how do you when to soak them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads