How do you like your steak?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Bruinsfan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Medium Rare for most cuts, but the fatter the cut, the more I prefer it cooked a little more (until medium)

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Medium rare for me.

3. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Ribeye - Medium rare
    Filet - Charred outside, rare inside

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

Depends on the fat content of the meat. Usually I enjoy medium-rare, but prefer fattier pieces of meat to be cooked a bit more.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

medium but ever so slightly leaning to well.

6. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

medium but ever so slightly leaning to well.

+1 to this, finally someone leaning toward well [​IMG]

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

spent many years eating them medium rare, but living with my lady for the past few years, I've moved towards just eating steaks just a little shy of Medium - about half red inside. Asian people eat their steaks way overcooked - it's a compromise on my part, as I can eat them pretty rare, she can't. I like to eat with a bit of wasabi or fresh horseradish, but nowadays I can only eat about 4oz of steak, maybe 4 slices or so, before I get sick of eating the same thing.

8. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

spent many years eating them medium rare, but living with my lady for the past few years, I've moved towards just eating steaks just a little shy of Medium - about half red inside. Asian people eat their steaks way overcooked - it's a compromise on my part, as I can eat them pretty rare, she can't. I like to eat with a bit of wasabi or fresh horseradish, but nowadays I can only eat about 4oz of steak, maybe 4 slices or so, before I get sick of eating the same thing.

don't be racist. it's because she's a chick

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Absolutely depends on the cut/cow.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lol. serious... or joking? I was being serious - I find many Asian people to be squeamish about steaks cooked even medium. I have no idea why, as they also love to eat clotted blood, offal, trotters and head, etc. My girlfriend, given the choice, would choose a steak medium-well, but is willing to eat tripe and other offal.

11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

^ This.

Although, it's pretty much just the older generations and females (not sexist) who prefer to have their steaks overdone, I find. Like my parents and relatives. Still doesn't make sense that Azns would eat anything they can lay their hands on but a nice rare - medium rare steak.

12. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Ribeye - Medium rare
    Filet - Charred outside, rare inside

This.
    When i am at a restaurant and i overhear ppl ordering steaks well done i almost want to march over and slap them silly, although the look on their waiters' face usually says it all.

13. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

Most women I know have no palate, whatsoever. They are either vegetarians, or just eat fish, because "beef is yucky" and it's "cruel" to eat meat. I believe this to be largely responsible for my inability to sustain a stable relationship.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Most women I know have no palate, whatsoever. They are either vegetarians, or just eat fish, because "beef is yucky" and it's "cruel" to eat meat. I believe this to be largely responsible for my inability to sustain a stable relationship.
    Oh please.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

lol. serious... or joking? I was being serious - I find many Asian people to be squeamish about steaks cooked even medium. I have no idea why, as they also love to eat clotted blood, offal, trotters and head, etc. My girlfriend, given the choice, would choose a steak medium-well, but is willing to eat tripe and other offal.
    There is probably also a lack of the bizarre hyper-masculinity that we associate with eating raw meat. Honestly, for all the people I see order food to well done, I see many more who order things cooked so little that the juices haven't been given a chance to flow.