• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you like to wear your seersucker suit?

1984

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
How do you like to wear your seersucker suit? With a button-down collar shirt or traditional straight collar shirt? With a long necktie or bow tie? With white bucks or dirty bucks? What do you prefer, a single-breasted or a double-breasted? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, good day.
 

ted

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
I'd like to know too. Thinking of getting some pants. Do you cuff seersucker pants? I'd like to wear them with and oxford button down shirt.
 

tiger02

Militarist
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
3,798
Reaction score
2
I don't have any seersucker, but can't imagine it in a DB. The fabric is casual, needs a SB.
 

Duveen

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
840
Reaction score
2
I think that cuffthis has a DB seersucker that actually looks quite nice.

I have a cheapy Haspel SB that I wear with specs. I am looking into whie bucs. I also have a neat aqua Garrick Anderson bowtie that I wear with a white BD for the truly costumey/dandy effect.
 

1984

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ted
I'd like to know too. Thinking of getting some pants. Do you cuff seersucker pants? I'd like to wear them with and oxford button down shirt.


Yes, you could cuff them if you like. I have seen men wearing seersucker pants with cuffs and they look quite nice.
 

1984

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look.
However, I would never dress this way for work.
 

weeks

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by 1984
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look.
However, I would never dress this way for work.


That sounds like a nice, classic look.
 

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
4,622
Reaction score
124
Coincidentally, STP is running a sale on Haspel seersucker suits. (Is J still providing special links through the forum?)
 

progressive

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Like the solid button down, pastel or classic conservative tie, and bucks approach. Also important to remember that Seersucker is the one suit you can pull apart and wear separately at will and still look good. You can wear the pants with a blue blazer or summer sportcoat and the jacket will go great with a number of summer pants (khakis, linen, etc.)

Now if it would only stop snowing in the NE and I could remember that thing called Spring we had down South.
 

farangzookzon

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by 1984
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look.
However, I would never dress this way for work.


Greetings,

I would love to see the finished product once you get it all assembled. Do you plan on taking any photos and posting them here? Are you looking at these belts here? http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...5-77390656e998 Which one in particular do you have in mind?

How about your bucks? If you have a paricular web page link I would appreciate it.

I do have a question, would a madras/pastel colored tie go well with the traditional blue seersucker suit?

Best,

Joe

PS: I found a cool site, check it out here http://www.susantownertotes.com
 

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
1,528
Reaction score
6
I threw mine in the washer/dryer... it's got a nice puckered look.

I usually wear the pants and jacket as separates, the sum of the parts is great then the whole.
 

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
15
I mostly wear a seersucker suit in a casual context, with a linen shirt sans tie and espadrilles sans socks. More often, I match the jacket with linen trousers.




But occasionally I'll add a tie and white bucks or black woven loafers.


 

farangzookzon

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I mostly wear a seersucker suit in a casual context, with a linen shirt sans tie and espadrilles sans socks. More often, I match the jacket with linen trousers.




But occasionally I'll add a tie and white bucks or black woven loafers.




That looks really nice me thinks.
 

mrpologuy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
790
Reaction score
1
I have a blue and white seersuker suit that I wear with a pink dress shirt, green and pink dotted tie, and deck shoes. I tihnk it looks great during the summer. Sometimes, I wear it with a polo if I am just hanging out.
 

1984

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by farangzookzon
Greetings,

I would love to see the finished product once you get it all assembled. Do you plan on taking any photos and posting them here? Are you looking at these belts here? http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...5-77390656e998 Which one in particular do you have in mind?

How about your bucks? If you have a paricular web page link I would appreciate it.

I do have a question, would a madras/pastel colored tie go well with the traditional blue seersucker suit?

Best,

Joe

PS: I found a cool site, check it out here http://www.susantownertotes.com


Joe,

I wasn't planning on posting any pictures but perhaps later I will.

The belt that I have looks similar to this, but in different patches:

http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...-8f88455c3155/

The bucks:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=202

And it is perfectly fine to wear a madras/pastel colored tie with a seersucker suit/ jacket. Good night!
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,402
Messages
9,446,562
Members
197,937
Latest member
2sophiec961rg6
Top