• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

how do you know if a pair of levis is rigid or not

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
i was at the stores and was looking at pairs of levis, and i did not know how to find out whether the jeans were rigid or not, there was no description of the color or wash of the jeans on the levis.

So how would i know if the pair i was looking at, was rigid or not?

Halcyon

Reaction score
Some of the new pairs have a sticker that warns of the denim bleeding onto other clothes. Also, most of the 'raw' pairs are more like a one-wash, so they won't be nearly as stiff as a true raw pair.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are raws and you can handle them in real life, they will have a 'sheen' to them when held at a slight angle. You'll know it if you see it; if you see a raw pair of denim, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

sayocean

Reaction score
i was always under the impression that raw implied un distressed denim. Is this correct? So rigid can be raw but raw doesn't necessarily need to be rigid. Someone correct me if i'm wrong?

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
Usually you can tell just by touching them even a pair of one wash levis will be a good bit stiffer than the pre distressed stuff.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
xx

but if you are buying them brand new they will say 'shrink to fit'

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
xx

but if you are buying them brand new they will say 'shrink to fit'

Levi's produces non-STF "rigids" also.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Levi's produces non-STF "rigids" also.

ohh... I tend to think rigid=stf in terms of 501's, since the 'rigid' is one wash.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40