Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you keep your garnmets?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Sep 6, 2004.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

ok, I would like to know how you folks maintain your clothes.

1) suits: i put them in closet. sometimes I put them in garnment bag to keep away from dust.

2) Shirts: ones that i wear in season, I hang them

3) dress pants: hangers.

4) knits: I used to hang them, but delicate fabric ones tend to stretch out when hanged, so, now i fold them and put them in drawer.

The problem of putting items in a drawer is that, when you want to wear a cloth out from drawer, most likely the item is wrinkled. Also I forget about the clothes in the drawer.

So, what do u say guys ..

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Things that absolutely need to be hung up - jackets, suits, get hung up. Jeans, sweaters, and most other casualwear gets put into a drawer. Why is this an interesting topic?

3. MCA

MCA Well-Known Member

What is the best way to keep ties? Thanks.

4. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

Ties - I had a tie hanger hanging on the inside door of my wardrobe with my ties and it had room for about 40 of them. It kept them visible and acessable. Now, after a change in my habits and after the mysterious loss of my hanger, I keep them all rolled up in the cardboard box I shipped them to Stockholm in. A sorry state of affairs and what's even more sad is that I kept buying new ties until it dawned on my that I really didn't need them anymore.

B

5. CharlieZircon

CharlieZircon Member

I would seriously recommend against storing ties rolled up for a long time. I did this once and it proved difficult getting some ties to hang right again. I hang my ties up - I have one special purpose hanger, and have about 40 on that, but have discovered that if you are careful you can hang ties over an ordinary wire hanger -that's where the other 300-odd are hanging on 6 hangers on the back of 2 doors. That way my wife doesn't have to be reminded of them all the time [​IMG]