How do you keep your garnmets?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Sep 6, 2004.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

ok, I would like to know how you folks maintain your clothes.

1) suits: i put them in closet. sometimes I put them in garnment bag to keep away from dust.

2) Shirts: ones that i wear in season, I hang them

3) dress pants: hangers.

4) knits: I used to hang them, but delicate fabric ones tend to stretch out when hanged, so, now i fold them and put them in drawer.

The problem of putting items in a drawer is that, when you want to wear a cloth out from drawer, most likely the item is wrinkled. Also I forget about the clothes in the drawer.

So, what do u say guys ..

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Things that absolutely need to be hung up - jackets, suits, get hung up. Jeans, sweaters, and most other casualwear gets put into a drawer. Why is this an interesting topic?

3. MCA

MCA Well-Known Member

What is the best way to keep ties? Thanks.

4. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

Ties - I had a tie hanger hanging on the inside door of my wardrobe with my ties and it had room for about 40 of them. It kept them visible and acessable. Now, after a change in my habits and after the mysterious loss of my hanger, I keep them all rolled up in the cardboard box I shipped them to Stockholm in. A sorry state of affairs and what's even more sad is that I kept buying new ties until it dawned on my that I really didn't need them anymore.

B

5. CharlieZircon

CharlieZircon Member

I would seriously recommend against storing ties rolled up for a long time. I did this once and it proved difficult getting some ties to hang right again. I hang my ties up - I have one special purpose hanger, and have about 40 on that, but have discovered that if you are careful you can hang ties over an ordinary wire hanger -that's where the other 300-odd are hanging on 6 hangers on the back of 2 doors. That way my wife doesn't have to be reminded of them all the time [​IMG]