• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you keep track of contacts?

styleme_now

Reaction score
Business contacts, friends, birthdays, etc.? As an attorney, I need to become more serious about tracking my contacts, pertinent info about them, note times we've met, things about them I should not forget, their interests, etc.

I would prefer some kind of software that is managed online so I could access it from work and home.

What do you guys use?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google/Gmail Contacts and Calendar. I have it sync with my phone and my mac's address book. works great. I don't even use GMail, I just use it for their address book and calendar syncing abilities. I use yahoo for my web-based mail.

styleme_now

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Google/Gmail Contacts and Calendar. I have it sync with my phone and my mac's address book. works great. I don't even use GMail, I just use it for their address book and calendar syncing abilities. I use yahoo for my web-based mail.

is there a way to back up these gmail/google contacts?

do you sync the google calendar with outlook, or just leave it separate?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outlook. Everyone is listed in my Contacts along with pertinent info that I need to remember such as birthdays, names of children, etc.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleme_now
is there a way to back up these gmail/google contacts? do you sync the google calendar with outlook, or just leave it separate?
I'm pretty sure you can export them as a CSV file for future use if need be. I sync everything with google...works for both mac and PC, both on my Pocket PC and my android phone too. http://www.google.com/sync/index.html

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackberry + outlook on every computer that I use or own..

Reaction score
Lost a phone and all my contacts once, so now I am super careful. I use Gmail's contacts, which I keep synched to Apple Address book (and backed up every few weeks from there) and my phone. I don't really keep records of interactions or notes on people, though I suppose there is no reason why that cannot be done under the notes section.

Used Plaxo for a while, but didn't bother reinstalling it when I put a new hard drive in to my machine a while back. It was is pretty good too.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use my iphone and sync it with outlook.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.