1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep track of contacts?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by styleme_now, Aug 22, 2010.

1. styleme_now

styleme_now Active Member

Business contacts, friends, birthdays, etc.? As an attorney, I need to become more serious about tracking my contacts, pertinent info about them, note times we've met, things about them I should not forget, their interests, etc.

I would prefer some kind of software that is managed online so I could access it from work and home.

What do you guys use?

2. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Google/Gmail Contacts and Calendar. I have it sync with my phone and my mac's address book. works great. I don't even use GMail, I just use it for their address book and calendar syncing abilities. I use yahoo for my web-based mail.

3. styleme_now

styleme_now Active Member

Google/Gmail Contacts and Calendar. I have it sync with my phone and my mac's address book. works great. I don't even use GMail, I just use it for their address book and calendar syncing abilities. I use yahoo for my web-based mail.

is there a way to back up these gmail/google contacts?

do you sync the google calendar with outlook, or just leave it separate?

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Outlook. Everyone is listed in my Contacts along with pertinent info that I need to remember such as birthdays, names of children, etc.

5. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

is there a way to back up these gmail/google contacts? do you sync the google calendar with outlook, or just leave it separate?
    I'm pretty sure you can export them as a CSV file for future use if need be. I sync everything with google...works for both mac and PC, both on my Pocket PC and my android phone too. http://www.google.com/sync/index.html

6. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Blackberry + outlook on every computer that I use or own..

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Facebook, cell phone and outlook.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

9. milanista

milanista New Member

Facebook, phone and gmail.

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

Lost a phone and all my contacts once, so now I am super careful. I use Gmail's contacts, which I keep synched to Apple Address book (and backed up every few weeks from there) and my phone. I don't really keep records of interactions or notes on people, though I suppose there is no reason why that cannot be done under the notes section.

Used Plaxo for a while, but didn't bother reinstalling it when I put a new hard drive in to my machine a while back. It was is pretty good too.

11. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I use my iphone and sync it with outlook.