• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you 'Keep It Real?"

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what do you do that is keep'in it real???
lol8[1].gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep it real by drinking beer (real beer, not ***** beer) and watching baseball.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I struggle to pay credit card bills due to frivolous spending habits.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I struggle to pay credit card bills due to frivolous spending habits.

Werd, me too.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I keep it real by drinking beer (real beer, not ***** beer) and watching baseball.

That's only keeping it real if you don't watch that ***** american league ****.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I keep it real by breaking a sweat every day. Sometimes I sweat just because the big kahuna is hovering by my desk. That's when I thank god for intestinal gas.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
That's only keeping it real if you don't watch that ***** american league ****.

I keep it real by avoiding gay ass sports like baseball. I prefer attending the ballet or symphony instead.
bounce2.gif

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
+1.

Cut them up. With limited exceptions, college students should not have credit cards. You'll be much, much better off in the long run if you discipline yourself to live on a cash basis now.

Kaizen

Reaction score
I count the dividends I receive from my shares of stock in credit card companies. Thanks everyone!
laugh.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cut them up. With limited exceptions, college students should not have credit cards. You'll be much, much better off in the long run if you discipline yourself to live on a cash basis now.

I can't tell if you are kidding or not. Building good credit is crucial for getting loans and even renting an apartment later on.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree. Starting out your credit history as early as possible is crucial to financial stability straight out of college. It's amazing what those few extra years can do for your car payment/loan rates/house/mortgage/etc.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I can't tell if you are kidding or not. Building good credit is crucial for getting loans and even renting an apartment later on.

I'm not, although you raise a good point. But you can build credit other ways; a compromise might be to have a secured card or one with very low limits. The "building credit" argument is, in my opinion, exaggerated by the credit card companies. In my experience, most college students lack the maturity and discipline to avoid accumulating credit card balances. If one can be sufficiently disciplined not to spend more than their available cash and truly use the card as a proxy for checks, that's obviously fine. But for many, the temptations to slip from that discipline are dangerous. For many college students, college life is the first real experience with having primary responsibility for all of one's financial affairs. Acquiring the habit of living within your means during this stage is of tremendous value.
Anyway, that's my crotchety old guy advice. Young whippersnapers can ignore it if they want, since you'll never have it has hard as we did anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads