How do you justify spending $500+ on shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JezeC, Dec 27, 2013.

1. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

Do you want people to read what you post? Why should they if you don't read what they post? To whit...in post #93, from http://emedicine.medscape.com/:

Nowhere did I use the word "you" in that post nor reference anyone in particular. I think the Internet is full of misleading, self-serving and simply incorrect information. I don't trust anything coming from the Internet unless there is someone willing...and able...to answer for it. To vouch for it. That's all.

But to answer you....as far as the flaws in the studies cited, they were, IMO, just incomplete or moot. You may think that your citations and interpretation of the diabetes study was relevant but I didn't see it.

And when I asked you to quote specific excerpts to substantiate your interpretation of the studies you were summarizing ...to whit:

...you declined to do so. Which leaves me wondering why there is no one to take responsibility for validity of either the source or the interpretation...or even the summary itself.

--

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

2. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I'm going to move on here...simply because as emptyM suggests we already agree that there is a real risk. Seems like that's progress enough for one night. The rest is up to you.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

If nothing else, I learned this valuable bit of information.

My access to journals is somewhat limited outside the humanities and economics, so this is useful knowledge right here.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

4. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Abstracts are free on pubmed; huge majority of full texts are not open-access.

Also with regards to bacterial or viral infections directly as result from wearing used shoes or synthetic soles--highly unlikely. Species responsible for such infections persist in all shoes and result in infection due to open wounds or depressed immunity i.e. diabetes.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014