• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you hang your pants?

otterhound

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been covered in prior threads. Do you guys prefer to hang your pants folded over on a hanger or hanging vertically on one of those hangers that pinches the pants at or near the cuff. I don't know what the technical name of the latter hanger is.

I would think there are disadvantages to both. The folded alternative probably will leave a crease where you don't want one. The pinched alternative might do the same.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I fold them over a Michael Graves hanger I bought at Target that has non-slip rubber on it.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my waist.
By the cuffs, when not in use. The weight helps the creases come out.

rgpuppy

Reaction score
at home over a wide wooden dowl....whiel traveling from cuffs...helps shed wrinkles.

I do not have the room to hang from cuffs at home...closet is double hung shirts on bottom, coats and pants on top.

wvuguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk

Me too.......can't bring myself to spend money on anything more than that, and I've personally never had any problems with this type.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang mine by the cuff.

I find that clips work much better than clamps.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used clamps, but it's taking too much closet space. As my suits pants didn't get any bad creases from staying folded over the hanger bar, I am now trying the multi bar hanger where you can put 5 folded trousers at once.

!luc

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.