• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you handle rejection?

flashback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
How do you handle rejection? What's the best way to do it gracefully? What do you say to a girl after being rejected before you part ways?
confused.gif

booty call

flashback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Thanks. I just wanted to know what to say after being rejected. I figured that going all silent on a girl and then walking away awkwardly would be kind of weird.

if you want something to say, just look at her puzzled and go "does that usually work? You must get hit on by some lame guys"

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flursheim
The last time it happened to me, I surprised myself by asking her why she said no, so that I could learn from it and move on, hopefully a tad wiser. It caught her by surprise but she did tell me her reason.

I also recommend this, because in my experience, the reasons for rejection are often not what you may initially think. Also, since you have already been rejected you don't really have anything more to lose by asking for the reason. In some cases, you may actually be able to change the reason and thus not being rejected after all--or at least not for the same reason another time.

For example, if you approach a girl in a bar, she might not be willing to talk with you because she is not interested in being "picked up" by some random (drunk) guy looking for a one night stand. Instead, she might actually be interested in going on a date some other time, or she may just be in a bad mood. The confusion can of course often be avoided if you are clear about your intentions as early as possible.

Anyway, whatever the reason, don't spend much time thinking about rejections. They are a natural part of life, and as with everything else, it's a numbers game. In the long run, rejection happens less often that you might expect, and when it does, it's hardly ever as embarrassing as you feared.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads