• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you guys store your ties?

Will Moose

Reaction score
I just kinda fold them up like the come when you buy them in stores and put them in a drawer. What do you guys do? Is any harm going to be caused by the way I store them?

pstoller

Reaction score
As I mentioned previously elsewhere, I hang mine on five-row trouser racks. This gives me maximum storage in minimum space, at minimum cost.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use two spinning circular brass and wood tie racks, which hang by the closet rod. i've heard that hanging the ties helps release the wrinkles from wear/ knotting.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to keep mine in big plastic bags, but the ones at the bottom were getting wrinkled, so I've rolled them up and put them in a drawer until I buy some decent wooden tie racks, or ask a carpenter friend to make some to my design. Like LA Guy, a lot of my non-dress stuff ends up on "The Pile". I've just run out of space. Oh, sure, I could buy some miracle-of-design super-storage units, or rent out some storage space, but the money's better spent elsewhere - like on more clothes... Cheers, Nick.

Renwick

Reaction score
4 large rotating tie racks for the more expensive ones and a bunch of hangers for the others.

Jofaile

Reaction score
I hang mine on a fairly large "tie-matic"esk rotating tie rack (you know, with that little lever that can either make the rack rotate left, right, or remain still) that I bolted into my walk-in closet wall. I am worried, however, as I tried my very best to find a stud to attach it to but I think I may have failed because it seems like the rack is leaning forward just a bit...perhaps it is just an optical illusion. I suppose I will know when, and if, the entire things comes crashing down along with bits and pieces of my wall.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
The faster version, 72 slot Sharper Image motorized tie rack. Only thing I've ever bought from Sharper Image that works...

Arranged by colors of course. Occasionally however I will arrange by designer/brand.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The faster version, 72 slot Sharper Image motorized tie rack.
I have the same tie rack from Sharper Image, very handy.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
It's funny- I only do that with my clothes. You should see my office....

Stone

Reaction score
I just roll mine, which works well, as far as I've seen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.