• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you guys store your stuff?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have all this junk from moving around that is still in boxes.. stuff that I don't want to get rid of but I have no place to put. I looked at stuff at IKEA to store it in but everything seems to have a specific purpose - file cabinets for paper, dressers for clothing, etc.

What do you guys do with your extra stuff like this? I can't be the only one who has amassed random items with no place to put them.

Any general ideas, or specific ones would be fine.

Basically the stuff that I have in my room right now is: Computer Desk, Bed, three-drawer dresser.

That's it.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
My go-to store for storage is The Container Store. Their website has a lot of great ideas. The advice works even if you buy similar items at Target or wherever.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big plastic bins that you put in your extra storage space (big closet, attic).

Or...

Get rid of it. Honestly ask yourself if you need it. Does it serve a purpose or have that much sentimental value? It's tough to get rid of somethings, but afterwards it can feel good. It's cleansing.

bob

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm with Bob...easier (and cheaper) to get rid of stuff. If one hasn't used something in 12 months, why own it? Sell it, donate it, throw it away. Saves space, saves money (don't have to buy "storage systems") and maybe make a little walking around money.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I'm with Bob...easier (and cheaper) to get rid of stuff. If one hasn't used something in 12 months, why own it? Sell it, donate it, throw it away. Saves space, saves money (don't have to buy "storage systems") and maybe make a little walking around money.

Small heirlooms should be exempted from this treatment and put in a safe deposit box.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't need it, discard it. Good Will is where I usually, go . . . my sister and I have no children, so we will have to disseminate our valuables, some time before we kick the bucket (s.) That will be bad, enough . . .

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Small heirlooms should be exempted from this treatment and put in a safe deposit box.
Yes, of course. As should small heirs.
smile.gif

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
If you don't need it, discard it. Good Will is where I usually, go . . . my sister and I have no children, so we will have to disseminate our valuables, some time before we kick the bucket (s.) That will be bad, enough . . .

Junk it! If I haven't used it in a couple of years it's out.
This is quite cathartic by the way. I'm amazed at how much stuff the average person is willing to keep around.

Brian SD

Reaction score
well I definitely use this stuff. It's not junk, its just stuff that I don't know where to put. Printer-setting pieces, usb cables, stuff that I know I need.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Vintage Goyard trunk. I was going to say it's for my inner LabelKing, but that would be wrong.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Vintage Goyard trunk. I was going to say it's for my inner LabelKing, but that would be wrong.
I appreciate the sentiment. I'd like to find my inner RJMan but there's such a dearth of Richard James here, I dare not speak of it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Under the bed, thrown in the closet. Stacked in corners.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads